ID:181514

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a decent computer pad on which I can draw? And something that can support Photoshop perhaps.
http://www.wacom.com/index2.php might give you an idea.
In response to Kuraudo
Cintiq 12WX looks like the best thing I'd want but do I understand correctly that I'd need to have it plugged into the computer in order to have it working? Meaning, I cannot take it somewhere with me and draw on it?
In response to DisturbedSixx
DisturbedSixx wrote:
but do I understand correctly that I'd need to have it plugged into the computer in order to have it working? Meaning, I cannot take it somewhere with me and draw on it?

I'm pretty sure that's how most---if not all---digital drawing tablets work...

You could always use some drawing app on an iPad, I suppose, or get a more dedicated drawing device.
In response to Kuraudo
Wouldn't you also need a stylus for the iPad, though? I think I saw one at thinkgeek.com once, though, so I guess they do exist.
In response to DisturbedSixx
DisturbedSixx wrote:
Cintiq 12WX looks like the best thing I'd want but do I understand correctly that I'd need to have it plugged into the computer in order to have it working? Meaning, I cannot take it somewhere with me and draw on it?

If you prefer drawing on the go, you may be better off using a regular sketch pad/tablet, getting a decent scanner and just learning to ink them using photoshop. There is a massive difference between a dedicated drawing tablet and something like an Ipad.
You're looking at about $150 unless you want a Cintiq, which is at least $1000, but it's $1000 well spent. Don't spend too much money unless you're an amazing artist already. A Cintiq just makes the transition from paper to computer simpler.

For the cheap route, just invest in some art supplies, and if you know you way around photoshop, transfering it to a digital image won't be too hard.