Is it possible to do a range with this particular screen_loc format. I've tried with no success. This is my edit on the updatePos()function
            if(px||py)
screen_loc = "[ax]:[ox],[ay]:[oy] to [ax]:[ox+px],[ay]:[oy+py]"
else
screen_loc = "[ax]:[ox],[ay]:[oy]"
Yes. It's best to use CENTER-based offsets though.
Crazah brings an interesting question to the fight:

"How do I calculate the number of tiles that should fit in a given viewport in isometric mode?"

client.view = 1+ceil(sqrt(SCREEN_WIDTH**2+SCREEN_HEIGHT**2)/(TILE_SIZE/2)) //if not odd, add 1 to make it odd.

Isometric mode should always have a square viewport.
How would I go about making the client resize differently depending if I'm in a title screen or not? I tried a few things, including just dropping a
if(!client.screen)
at the start of onResize() to just disable resizing all together prior to being ingame but everything including that yielded weird results.

My dimensions will need certainly need tuning in the future as I blindly created them for this year's GIAD. Currently I'm working with 25x20 for ingame and 40x28 for the title/character select screen.

TLDR; How do I setup different scaling for different areas of my project or remove scaling all together for particular areas of my project?
I honestly have no advice to offer on the subject.

To be honest, I dislike the idea of windowed games changing their sizes and being inconsistent in general, because... Well, frankly if you ever have to, it's a sign of bad interface design in the first place.

The point of making a screen able to handle any size is to allow various hardware configurations to see roughly the same thing. Not to give the user inconsistent feedback.

My advice is pick a size and stick to it for everything.
Point taken ! I can just scale things down, shouldn't be too tough.
This is fantastic. Cheers Ter13.
Page: 1 2