ID:181619

As you may know, Pandora is now capping your monthly listening amounts to 40 hours a month.

Anyone know any free alternatives that perform almost as good?
Here are some sites like pandora.
In response to Ulterior Motives
Ulterior Motives wrote:
Here are some sites like pandora.

Time to start the elimination process. This may take awhile. =.=
AJX wrote:
As you may know, Pandora is now capping your monthly listening amounts to 40 hours a month.

Try http://slacker.com. Can create custom stations like Pandora, you can also listen to preset stations and "heart" songs you like to hear them more, ban individual songs, as well as all songs from an artist/group. Free limit is 6 song skips an hour.
AJX wrote:

I tried out Pandora, but its selection of my type of music was seriously lacking (it may have just been that I tried it out within a year of its creation). After they started all these weird restrictions, I tried last.fm because it was also available on my XBox.

I'd have to recommend last.fm. I've yet to encounter an advert, listening time/track limit, critical features withheld for members, or any other silliness. The only thing it's ever done to me is suspend play temporarily until I click a "yes, I'm still here" button, but it only does that every 5-6 tracks or so of no activity (link clicks, favoriting, banning a track, etc.). Can't blame them for wanting to conserve bandwidth, but in my particular case, 5-6 tracks is every forty minutes or so =)
In response to AJX
I hear spotify is awesome, but I believe it is georestricted so if you live in the US it's a no go.
I just tried out a site called last.fm, it's not bad.
I'm paying the .99 because I haven't found anything as convienent as Pandora. I stream about 12 hours a day from Pandora so I can't blame them.

ts
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
I'm paying the .99 because I haven't found anything as convienent as Pandora. I stream about 12 hours a day from Pandora so I can't blame them.

ts

This is what I'm leaning towards. They really are the best at what they do.
Libre.fm isn't a replacement for Pandora, but it is an online radio site that promotes free-to-download music by a wide array of artists. It also offers an audioscrobbling service compatible with Last.fm's. While you're thinking about online radio, give it a try.