In response to Airjoe
agreed. if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Google Analytics should be providing lots of good data to chew on.

one thing about the 'needs' that bugs me: "A slight talent for English" should be changed to "An excellent command of English".

If you are "slightly talented" in a written-language, that's about as useful as being slightly talented with a handgun -- you are more dangerous to the cause when you can't write well enough for people to take you seriously.
In response to AJX
What sort of traffic levels are you expecting?
If you have a domain name in mind and/or registered, I could potentially host the site for you.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
agreed. if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Google Analytics should be providing lots of good data to chew on.

one thing about the 'needs' that bugs me: "A slight talent for English" should be changed to "An excellent command of English".

If you are "slightly talented" in a written-language, that's about as useful as being slightly talented with a handgun -- you are more dangerous to the cause when you can't write well enough for people to take you seriously.

:) I'll be reading over anything before it is published anyway.
In response to Gakumerasara
Gakumerasara wrote:
If you have a domain name in mind and/or registered, I could potentially host the site for you.

Nothing too large. Probably in the range of a few hundred a day if I do my job right.
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
Gakumerasara wrote:

Nothing too large. Probably in the range of a few hundred a day if I do my job right.

My web server could definitely handle that.
Did you have a domain in mind?
I would suggest checking godaddy.com to see if it's available.
In response to Gakumerasara
Gakumerasara wrote:
AJX wrote:
Gakumerasara wrote:

My web server could definitely handle that.
Did you have a domain in mind?
I would suggest checking godaddy.com to see if it's available.

I believe there are cheaper options out there.

Anyway~

That is a few steps away.
1st I need to gather information, specifically about the different 2d game making tools.

2nd I need to put the information into a nice little article page

3rd I need to link to BYOND ;)

After all that is done I can actually host the websites.
In response to AJX
I'd be willing to help to some degree myself. I'm a good writer, although I'm sure I'd have to watch my grammar a tad bit closer seeing how publishing websites is a far notch above 'average at best' web grammar.

I can research subject matter myself, and formulate an accurate conclusion using a variety of presentations to that point. (Never thought those years of research papers and journalism in high school might pay off)

My web design/production skills are a bit on the... zeroish side but I'd be willing to learn the lingo and research method related to web site traffic in order to better understand and apply whatever information is gathered.
Page: 1 2