ID:1816238

I am using Windows 7 x64 and I use Google Chrome as my browser. However, I also have IE and Mozilla Firefox installed.

Every time I try to play a game on BYOND, I'll crash 10-15 minutes into playing. The game freezes up and the popup menu only says, "Dream Seeker has stopped working."

I only play Space Station 13, but when I tested playing Teridal, I've experienced a similar crash. The only difference I've noticed in these two games crashing is that Teridal's audio seems to keep going after the game freezes. This crash happens on all servers for SS13, which leads me to believe it's a BYOND problem. I've never had this happen before, it only started occurring around March 4th-ish or something. I've tried reinstalling BYOND a multitude of times, trying nearly every download on the download page. I've also tried going back to version 505.1235, but the problem persists. Clearing my caches also does not seem to help. I've tried messing around with compatibility settings and running the program as an administrator, but clearly I have no idea how to even start to tackle this problem. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the chat box in SS13, as the crash seems to never happen when I'm alone on a server.

Sometimes, the crash pop-up will direct me to some items in Users/(myname)/AppData/Local/Temp.

"WERCF05.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
WER125C.tmp.appcompat.txt
WER12AB.tmp.mdmp"

These files were gone before I could upload them, but the next time I crash, I'll upload them here.
I have the same problem as you, but I can confirm it's not the chat box. I can chat just fine, but dreamseeker gets stuck the second I move or when joining a round.
Windows should be able to give you crash details, which include the module where the fault occurred (e.g., byondcore.dll), and the offset. Those, along with the full version number you're using (e.g., 507.1286) will be helpful in tracing the issue.