ID:181625

This isn't a prestige question, and I'm not looking to start a "who's the best" argument, but I'd like to put together a small list of experienced, active developers just to get their thoughts and opinions. But in order to do that, I'd like to know who everyone agrees the best, or the most experienced developers are.
[In no specific order]
IainPeregrine
Gakumerasara
SilkWizard
ACWraith
Flick, but he may not be very active, he pops in and out
In response to Airjoe
Whatever happened to Deadron? Life maybe?
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
I wouldn't consider Deadron an active developer. Hasn't been around for a long while.
YO MAN MASTERDAN IS GREETIST

This is a stupid topic.
In response to SuperAntx
Thanks for contributing nothing.
Foomer wrote:
This isn't a prestige question, and I'm not looking to start a "who's the best" argument, but I'd like to put together a small list of experienced, active developers just to get their thoughts and opinions. But in order to do that, I'd like to know who everyone agrees the best, or the most experienced developers are.

Error! Cannot Compute: Contradictions!
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
You're not contributing anything either. You must not know of any experienced, active developers.

If all you're looking to do is argue, please, go somewhere else.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
You're not contributing anything either. You must not know of any experienced, active developers.

You must not know me then.
I'm not going to just say this person's name or that person's name. It's a tad bit rude.
Maybe if you asked "Are you an active developer?" instead of "Throw some names of people that are active developers." you might have better results.
However, you'll potentially have a bunch of fakes. But, then again, you wont have to worry about thinking so hard when they go to you instead of you going to them.

There's a lot of experienced/active developers. Maybe looking through some games here and there that are being hosted with their developer online playing will help you as well.
I hate to play a game that isn't anywhere near finished just to find out that the developer isn't anywhere near active.
In response to Airjoe
Shadowdarke!...

Where'd he go? (Answer on my blog some where's if you know... I don't mean to hijack.)
I'm pretty active & experienced.
In response to Android Data
I'm pretty inactive & inexperienced.

(*winks at Foomer*, Sorry, had to. If you're interested in feedback, I think you could always ask Tiberath, Stephen, or a few others.)
While Acebloke's interfaces need work, he continuously refines multiple projects. He also attempts to consider financial responsibilities. (Granted, part of it is through donations.)

...On the not-so-active side, Oasiscircle has multiple games that I've always wanted to review for featured status. However, I never found the time to play them all and offer articulate feedback. Now it seems he's moved on to Let's Play videos. =(
In response to Airjoe
After looking at Joe's list, I'd add these couple:

Vermolius
Amon

They get things done and they do it well.
------
Tayoko - Skillwise its a no brainer. But if I compare to him to Amon with respect to work ethic and personality I see him as unprofessional. He's not too serious and will only get things done if its his own concept. This is why feel he's more suitable as an honorable mention.

In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Tayoko - Skillwise its a no brainer. But if I compare to him to Amon with respect to work ethic and personality I see him as unprofessional. He's not too serious and will only get things done if its his own concept. This is why feel he's more suitable as an honorable mention.

Tayoko makes a living by pixeling. How is that unprofessional? I will say that he doesn't like to 'waste' his effort. Why work stupid hard on somebody-else's idea when you have the clout to make your own?
I'm always around, doing something or other on BYOND, if that counts for anything.
In response to Vermolius
Vermolius wrote:
Tayoko makes a living by pixeling. How is that unprofessional? I will say that he doesn't like to 'waste' his effort. Why work stupid hard on somebody-else's idea when you have the clout to make your own?

I'm not saying he's unprofessional skillwise. You can master a craft and still be unprofessional(Compare Stephen001 to SSGX). I do recall me Tayoko, and Pmitch working for a project by Alathon. Where Tayoko just fooled around in the chatroom and didn't do anything. He's experienced, he's active. But its because of that work ethic (reliability, motivations, indecisiveness [why put yourself in situations where you know you don't care about what you're doing? Why waste others time?]) that I would not recommend him to Foomers list of best developers. If I had my own list of best developers I would not want that kind of trait. I'd go the ones who can work in any condition (its like comparing a college student to a high school student, one has more patience and understanding) Maturity. In this case Amon.

@Foomer. Are we approaching this in the manner you wanted? Or do you not care about character/how someone may portray someone else? Because I will not deny skill but I will nitpick if it is really for the best of the best.
In response to Hulio-G
Just for my own amusement, did you suggest I was unprofessional, or that SSGX was?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Just for my own amusement, did you suggest I was unprofessional, or that SSGX was?

Judging from the way he ran the anime guild, SSGX.
In response to Hulio-G
I'm just looking for some names of people who are experienced with developing BYOND games. Developing usually involves being good at the programming aspects, so pixel art isn't that much of a factor, and in this case its not what I'm looking for either.

All I need is for some people to throw some names out there. I'm hoping to find some names that are outside of my own mental list.
Page: 1 2