It depends.

RTS games work fine for Isometric, probably something like Castle.

The standard 2D games are fine for most likely everything.
In response to Mikoikill
I'd like to see a game with at least Super Nintendo quality sprites. I know it's probably pretty shallow to say this, but it seems like BYOND is stuck in the 32x32, slightly better than the NES, graphics. Some of the games on here look great, but I've yet to see something like Chrono Trigger or even Final Fantasy VI.
In response to Redslash
Redslash wrote:
I'd like to see a game with at least Super Nintendo quality sprites. I know it's probably pretty shallow to say this, but it seems like BYOND is stuck in the 32x32, slightly better than the NES, graphics. Some of the games on here look great, but I've yet to see something like Chrono Trigger or even Final Fantasy VI.

By all means, good sir, don't let us stop you from making such a game. :D
In response to EGUY
Be nice to see a really cool metal slug-esque sidescroller type game.

With ISO support it would be awesome if there was a game like Intelligent Qube (remember the PS1 game? yeah that)
In response to Redslash
The irony of this is that SNES graphics were limited to either 8x8, 16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 in size, and methods like big icons that BYOND uses were used by the SNES to make graphics bigger.

The SNES was also extremely limited in a lot of other ways.
Colour pallets, background/map sizes, layers, all of which BYOND can do better, with little to no effort at all.
Honestly, niether.
In response to Gigimoi
Gigimoi wrote:
Honestly, niether.

So you don't want to see either of the two supported Map formats on BYOND? This makes oodles of sense.
I'd like to see more side scrollers.
Page: 1 2