ID:181648

I was wondering if there was a software similar to parrell for windows.

Because I really want the best of both worlds but I cant afford and make and emulate windows on there :(

So i was wondering if there was a program for windows that can emulate mac on there.

If you use the program(s) how was it ?

Thanks
there's a bunch of solutions. Namely, vmware is probably one of the best. check out this guide:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware_how_to
I'm curious. Why would anyone want to emulate Mac? Granted I have not done research on it so I have no room to talk, but there's even less programs availiable for it than for Linux from my experiences.
In response to Moonlight Memento
Moonlight Memento wrote:
I'm curious. Why would anyone want to emulate Mac? Granted I have not done research on it so I have no room to talk, but there's even less programs availiable for it than for Linux from my experiences.

The first thing that comes to my mind is writing apps for the iPhone/iTouch. IIRC, the SDK for those is only available on Mac.
In response to Tiberath
Well, from what I've heard from my class mate was that you can develop an iPhone app on an emulated Mac, but not publish it.

Since, that was his main reason to emulate a Mac on a Windows.

However, if you were to just emulate a Mac and also started the process of another program.

You'd have to understand the part that you're running the process of an emulated operating system through a current process (VMWare), and then running another process within that emulation.

If you can handle the memory usage, and have enough processors to spare, go ahead and do so.
In response to HolyDoomKnight
iPhones, forgot about those. I always forget the insignificant things like those...
Moonlight Memento wrote:
iPhones, forgot about those. I always forget the insignificant things like those...

As I agree (being a BlackBerry user), developing for a device with such a large user base is great! More money is always nice.
<font color="yellow">Moonlight Memento wrote:
I'm curious. Why would anyone want to emulate Mac? Granted I have not done research on it so I have no room to talk</font>

but yet you insert your foot deeply in the yawning chasm that is your mouth. why not save yourself the embarrassment and do the research first for a change. stop being an 'advice vampire' and commenting on posts you have nothing to contribute to.

<font color="yellow">> but there's even less programs availiable for it than for Linux</font>

here's a newsflash: MacOS X's core is based on a form of Linux/BSD, and inherits most of the Linux software available, either natively, with minor modification (as with any linux distro), or through FUSE or other X11 abstraction layers that help integrate the GUI programs into the Mac GUI.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
but yet you insert your foot deeply in the yawning chasm that is your mouth. why not save yourself the embarrassment and do the research first for a change. stop being an 'advice vampire' and commenting on posts you have nothing to contribute to.

I think it's a pretty valid question. I can't think of any reason to run a Mac normally, nevermind the need to emulate it. Googling "why emulate a mac" (or anything similar) doesn't really bring up any reasons, either.
In response to Hi1
Yeah, more money is great. Especially the fact that iPhone apps get pirated -way more- than any PSP game. I read about an iPhone game that only made around 40 sales, but over thirty-thousand pirated downloads.
PSP games used to get pirated the most...
In response to Hi1

Well, as soon as they have random applications like the iPhone rather then games, they might make a come back!
In response to Hi1
Not as bad as the iPhone (I think it was that, they're all the same) game that got... well, pirated isn't even the word.
In response to Airjoe
The reasons are actually pretty sparse, with most of them being more specialized (ex. programming for Macs, testing programs on them, using the Xcode IDE).
In response to HolyDoomKnight
You can't really emulate OS X, though. You need to use hacked versions, and I've heard that the iPhone SDK doesn't run properly on Hackintosh.
In response to Jeff8500
Jeff8500 wrote:
I've heard that the iPhone SDK doesn't run properly on Hackintosh.

I heard much the opposite. But my research was short lived when I decided I couldn't be bothered making applications for the iTouch.
In response to Tiberath
maybe it is just because I am half asleep right now, but if memory serves can't you dual boot mac and windows on a windows machine?
In response to Winchester
Hackintosh is a modified version of the Mac OS that can be installed and run on a standard PC. Naturally it has issues, but it's still possible.
In response to Tiberath
You should. Objective-C is an awesome language, and coupled with the right library, it's like DM, but with a market you can profit from.
In response to Jeff8500
There's a sentence I didn't think I'd see.
Page: 1 2