ID:181697

I am having some problems after installing the newest version of byond.

Suddenly when i was going to test my game the loginscreen was messed up, and bigger than what it used to be,(not in the good way) um.. create/load/quit buttons where at random places on the image. etc..

also when changing between different Z levels, dream maker actually freezes. anyone who has experienced something similar?

EDIT: is there somewhere i can download the older versions?
or at least the version before this one?
If you would read the release notes like it has been advised multiple times, or even only bother to read the reference topic on the new version, or used the forum search, you'd have found the answer to your problems.

Since you do not seem to be willing to invest the five minutes of time that would take, I'll just link you to the old versions of BYOND. You're going to lack out on a lot of bug fixes and features and thus I would not downgrade, but you can keep your ripped game working without having to invest much work.
Narutostory wrote:
Suddenly when i was going to test my game the loginscreen was messed up, and bigger than what it used to be,(not in the good way) um.. create/load/quit buttons where at random places on the image. etc..

"If you are recompiling an older project in the new version, you will probably want to add this line to your code:

world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP

Changes to our icon functions could cause old worlds to no longer work correctly once they are recompiled unless this line is added. If you want to maintain compatibility with older versions of Dream Maker (such as when several people are working on a project together), use this instead:

#if DM_VERSION >= 455
world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP
#endif

See the section on "Native icons" below, and the Reference entry for world.map_format, for more information." --455 notes

also when changing between different Z levels, dream maker actually freezes. anyone who has experienced something similar?

If this is a bug, please create a detailed bug report with steps on how to reproduce it.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
well, at least i got the game working without the images being streched beyond borders and the new/crate buttons being out of place. but DM still freezes while changing between z levels.

EDIT: Might this be because the version i had before the upgrade was 454 ?
In response to Narutostory
Narutostory wrote:
well, at least i got the game working without the images being streched beyond borders and the new/crate buttons being out of place. but DM still freezes while changing between z levels.

EDIT: Might this be because the version i had before the upgrade was 454 ?

As stated in my previous reply, this could be a bug. Please create a detailed bug report with steps on how to reproduce it.