ID:181772

Out of boredom, I have been checking around to see who has the highest post counts on the forums.

So far, here are the people I've found:
Found ~20100 matches for author:"lummox jr":
Found ~14700 matches for author:"crispy"
Found ~12300 matches for author:"nadrew"
Found ~10600 matches for author:"spuzzum" (+ ~2000 for new key)
Found ~12100 matches for author:foomer:
Found ~10800 matches for author:garthor:
Found ~9400 matches for author:deadron:
Found ~8000 matches for author:"digitalmouse"
Found ~7000 matches for author:kaioken:
Found ~5800 matches for author:"jon88"
Found ~5700 matches for author:tom:
Found 1 match for author:teka123:

I personally sit at ~1500 posts.

Can anyone find anyone bigger than Lummox?

Do you place in the top 5 posters?
Well, it is hard to say. I have had two keys, and combined they about match Kaioken. Many people have changed keys, which changes the results. Lummox, however, undoubtedly has the highest count. He has been Lummox JR for at least the beginning of these forum's history.

It isn't hard to beat Tom, as he is pretty quite.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
Well, it is hard to say. I have had two keys, and combined they about match Kaioken. Many people have changed keys, which changes the results. Lummox, however, undoubtedly has the highest count. He has been Lummox JR for at least the beginning of these forum's history.

It isn't hard to beat Tom, as he is pretty quite.

Tom may be quiet, but he has been around for a long time so his posts add up.

And I dunno about beating Tom being easy... I haven't found too many.

EDIT:
Gaspuh. This is an interesting post.

[link]
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm a newbie myself, as of Saturday.

Ahah! Even Lummox was a newbie at one point. Though I'm pretty sure he isn't talking about being a newbie to BYOND...

Although this post was in 01... It would appear that the forums were wiped some time recently before that, because AFAIK Lummox had been around (and active) for awhile before that. O.o
In response to AJX
Found ~10600 matches for author:"spuzzum"
Found ~3200 matches for author:"maz"
Found ~4600 matches for author:"airjoe"
Found ~3800 matches for author:"jp"
Found ~4800 matches for author:"kunark"

Those are just some of the older members from memory. My two keys together =~7400. Putting that into perspective, that makes me one of the top most active members of all time on these forums. Possibly in the top 10, almost certainly in the top 20. Pretty crazy.
In response to AJX
These forums have never been wiped. [link] was the first ever post using this new forum system, before that the forums were an entirely different system where you choose the name you posted as and all that early-internet goodness.

[link] is indeed Lummox's first post, he had a really good impression with his first post and most of the older users remember it very well.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
These forums have never been wiped. [link] was the first ever post using this new forum system, before that the forums were an entirely different system where you choose the name you posted as and all that early-internet goodness.

[link] is indeed Lummox's first post, he had a really good impression with his first post and most of the older users remember it very well.

That is quite funny. I thought Lummox was one of the oldest players, from the beginning.

So that makes you older than Lummox huh. Were you one of the true first-gen players, back before BYOND was called BYOND?

Danial.Beta wrote:

7400 would most likely land you in the top 10. I can't believe I didn't think of Spuzzum. You also have to add in
Found ~2000 matches for author:jtgibson:
to his posts as well, as that is his new key.

Same for not thinking of Nadrew... :( I'm bad at this game.

Updated the original post. :D
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

That is quite funny. I thought Lummox was one of the oldest players, from the beginning.

Actually, Theodis's alternate key is older than Lummox Jr, Tom, and Dan's.
Well, it's a lot like the Linux kernel patch statistics. 99% of the changes come from 1% of the patch submitters.
In response to Stephen001
True, it would be cool to see the forum use broke down on some pretty Google Analytics type graphics and whatnot. Like what percentage of total users make up what percentage of total posts, but then changing that over time periods and whatnot.
Danial.Beta wrote:
True, it would be cool to see the forum use broke down on some pretty Google Analytics type graphics and whatnot. Like what percentage of total users make up what percentage of total posts, but then changing that over time periods and whatnot.

I'd rather see region information and times / frequencies.
In response to Oldbie
Oldbie wrote:

Why would Theodis make Theodis2 before he made Theodis. O.o

Odd...
In response to AJX
To check if someone took Theodis2 maybe? Maybe he likes that number :P
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
To check if someone took Theodis2 maybe? Maybe he likes that number :P

Based on a previous post of his, back in the day your key would expire. This would lead to you having to renew it. Apparently, he could not complete the process of renewal so he created a new key each time. Due to this, he has Theodis2 through Theodis8.

When the new key system was put in place, most of the dates were reset; I will assume Theodis2 was an exception.
In response to AJX
Spuzzum is the highest poster i have seen so far....Much better than my 2 posts.
AJX wrote:
So far, here are the people I've found:
Found ~20100 matches for author:"lummox jr":
Found ~10600 matches for author:"spuzzum" (+ ~2000 for new key)
Found ~12100 matches for author:foomer:

Lummox JR has the highest post count, period. It doesn't hurt that he's the only person who's actually employed by BYOND, so he has a good excuse to be frequent.

A contribution to your cause:

I'm surprised Crispy is still second, given that he doesn't really post here anymore. Neither does Spuzzum. Oh well, we'll pass them by eventually.
Danial.Beta wrote:

I'm terribly amused by how small my post count is relative to everyone else being mentioned here.

I lurk a lot. :P
In response to Oldbie
Oldbie wrote:

You'll also find that Theodis' other key is even older than that one.
In response to Jp
I almost didn't include yours, but decided to leave it in just for the fun of it. It may be a low count, but it is relatively high I would guess. I did try a lot more people, but most of them were in the 1000 area, to my surprise.
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
I'm terribly amused by how small my post count is relative to everyone else being mentioned here.

I lurk a lot. :P

Found ~2200 matches for author:tiberath:

Although, in reality, that's the most posts I've had on any forum ever.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Lummox JR has the highest post count, period. It doesn't hurt that he's the only person who's actually employed by BYOND, so he has a good excuse to be frequent.

Yea but he hasn't been employed forever (I don't think.)

A contribution to your cause:

He has been added appropriately. :D

I'm surprised Crispy is still second, given that he doesn't really post here anymore. Neither does Spuzzum. Oh well, we'll pass them by eventually.

Yea... Some of the older-bies had quite a large number of posts. It'll take a bit, but they will fall behind someday.
Page: 1 2