ID:1818237

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Hi there!

I'll keep it short and simple:

TestProc(variable1, variable2)

How do I set this so that variable 1 is equal to what I enter in an interface input when the command is executed (pressed enter like a chat) but variable2 to already be determined (It would be set to a person's key). How do I winset to successfully do this?

Thanks.
Example.
mob
verb/say(t as text)
world << "[src]: [t]"

If you set the command parameter of your input control to "say" (through the interface editor or by winset), then any text provided to the input control will be sent to the say verb as the t argument.

In your case, you might want to make a verb to take the input text when the user presses the enter key in the input control. If you need to call TestProc() with the submitted text and the user's key, then do so:
mob
verb/submit(t as text)
TestProc(t, key)
That does help but the key is actually another key. Would I set a variable then?

Edit: Wasn't clear. As in, the key is equal to another key. I want it so the input when enter is pressed, the text is sent to a user who matches a key (I duplicate windows so that each message has a different window).
In response to DevDuelist
Best response
So, this is like a private messaging system, then. When you're duplicating the window, you need to somehow associate that window with the target key.

After giving it some thought, you can set your input's command to:
winset(my_client, my_targeted_input_ID, "command=\"pm \\\"[target_key]\\\" \\\"\"")

// with a verb:
verb/pm(target_key as text, t as text)
TestProc(t, target_key)

Miraculously, that command means "call the pm verb with target_key as the first argument, and the second argument taken as input."

I think it would be better to let us use %s or something to insert the input text, but at least this way works.