ID:1818327

Resolved
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Using the code below, dreamseeker eventually stops responding. I've provided a test environment here. Run the game, and start docking and undocking the window. If it's reproduceable on your machine, it will crash in less than 3 attempts, usually.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Undock the output.
2. Dock the output.
3. Repeat until bug is reproduced.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client
verb
dock_output()
var winset_command = {"
output_window.is-visible = false;
bottom_child.right = combat_pane;
bottom_child.left = output_pane;
output_window.child.left = ;
dock_button.text = \"Undock\";
dock_button.command = undock-output;
"}

winset(src, null, winset_command)

undock_output()
var winset_command = {"
output_window.is-visible = true;
bottom_child.right = ;
bottom_child.left = combat_pane;
output_window.child.left = output_pane;
dock_button.text = \"Dock\";
dock_button.command = dock-output;
"}

winset(src, null, winset_command)

Expected Results: I expect the output_pane to transfer back and forth from output_window.child.left and bottom_child.left, for docking/undocking, without crashes.

Actual Results: Attempting to dock/undock crashes the game at least 1 in 3 times.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Very often. Every 3 attempts, you are likely to crash at least once.
In other games? Yes; happens in a default environment.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? Never. I tried using different id names for everything, removing all the underscores, and it still occurred.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Not sure. I use version 507.1269. I also tested it in the latest version and it still occurred.

Workarounds: None.

I'm sure this has been reported before, because I'm not the only person to have encountered this already, but I can't find it.
Well, I'm going to use a workaround for this. Any progress on the issue would be appreciated. If you're alright with using multiple outputs, it's not a huge issue (and I personally am not).
I plan to take a look at this soon.
Update: After not having used Byond for a while and attempting this again, I am having no problems. I'm using version 509.1319.
Lummox JR resolved issue