ID:1820105

Just curious. The mall near us just opened up a new arcade called "Game Galaxy". They had a ton of the usual suspects i.e. Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom, all that good stuff. They had a decent amount of people in there, got me thinking about how much money an esports cafe would make.

Probably start off with 10-ish computers and expand from there, with a few flat screens tuned into Twitch so the gamers can watch tournaments and stuff like that. I thought about letting them stream too, but that might be a bit tricky. Imagine the bandwidth, bruh. And then what if one of the customers streams their penis, then I have to be the one answering for it since "they used my esports cafe and equipment to do it".

Would also need a decent business model ( I've heard of other gaming cafes charging buy the hour, or letting players just outright purchase, for instance, 300 hours of play time ) and a lot of monitoring to make sure no one's cheating, using the computers for stuff other than gaming, making sure no one's raging or fighting, I mean seriously, dealing with a bunch of League players can be just like babysitting someone's 5 year old, except worse.

IDK, seems like it'd be a headache 90% of the time, and fun the remaining 10%. I also don't have any capital. Also, the majority of people in Nashville are retarded and only care about country music, the gamer culture here sucks pretty bad, this would probably work a lot better somewhere on the west coast and I can't afford to live there let alone start up a business there. Yeah, screw this. As a matter of fact, screw all of you. You guys are the main reason my life is the way it is. You guys are like a goddamn boulder shackled to my leg, and have been limiting me. A disgrace to the entire human race.

P.S. anyone who can guess where I got that boulder quote from will earn 1 internets.
esports cafes are common in korea. league even gives ip boosts to people in korea who use them, because they are frequented so often.

also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzG0Mo5ooLo
It's funny you mention Korea. I used to live there. Their gaming culture is really bizarre. There are places called "Gaming Houses", or "Game squats", where usually between four and as many as a dozen gamers live. Essentially, they all share accomodations in order to reduce the amount of money they each have to earn in order to pay their bills and survive. That way, they can play their MMO/vidja of choice for dirt cheap all day every day. Often some of these players will actually make their money off of the games they play by farming/selling items/currency.

Korea's a weird place. They don't really have crack dens. Instead they have LoL dens.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
There are places called "Gaming Houses", or "Game squats", where usually between four and as many as a dozen gamers live. Essentially, they all share accomodations in order to reduce the amount of money they each have to earn in order to pay their bills and survive. That way, they can play their MMO/vidja of choice for dirt cheap all day every day. Often some of these players will actually make their money off of the games they play by farming/selling items/currency.

So basically, heaven.
If you consider a crack den heaven... Yeah, I guess.
buy me a plane ticket to korea pls
Cloud Magic wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

And make sure to make it a 1-way ticket.

Do you want a cavity search by the TSA? Because that's how you get a cavity search by the TSA.
Esports.. We're finally there *cries a bit*. The nerds have finally won.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Esports.. We're finally there *cries a bit*. The nerds have finally won.

wonnered*
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Cloud Magic wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

And make sure to make it a 1-way ticket.

Do you want a cavity search by the TSA? Because that's how you get a cavity search by the TSA.

Maybe you peasants get fondled but when I rolls through the airports, everyone bows and says "Right this way, Empirez-sama." Then I just sit in the cockpit with the pilot drinking Rozay and rolling doobies. Because that's how a boss lives.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Then I just sit in the cockpit with the pilot drinking Rozay and rolling doobies. Because that's how a boss lives.

Rosé?

I used an Internet cafe while sailing out of Alaska, but it was intended more for helping locals on the island get access to to computers than for gaming. They're not very common out here, though I do see a lot of restaurants with gaming themes (board, table-top, console, and computer).

Edit: corrected post to show use the correct HTML character for e-acute. The original character didn't display properly!

Also, a quick Google check shows that Rozay is slang for French champagne. How gauche. Feel free to disregard my question!
I grew up in Detroit so some of what I say will indeed be slang, bruh.

Pixel, give me 10k dollars so I can buy computers for the cafe.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Sorry, man. I've got a mortgage and student loans that have priority!
You should've opted out of school and having a house then!
^Can attest. Living under a bridge is severely underrated.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
You should've opted out of school and having a house then!

We'll be certain to include you in all major financial discussions moving forward.

Ter13 wrote:
^Can attest. Living under a bridge is severely underrated.

I will take your word on this! Living with crushing debt sucks, but I do really appreciate having a house of my own (as does our Doperman, who loves the fenced in backyard).