ID:182068

Is it just me? or did things get crazy strict around here? It seems i'm not even allowed to make a post soas i can get a few welcome backs from some of the oldbies.
jobe wrote:
Is it just me? or did things get crazy strict around here? It seems i'm not even allowed to make a post soas i can get a few welcome backs from some of the oldbies.

Generally speaking, the blogs would be a better place to post things like that. It is after all what they're meant for. Hence the deleted post + message asking you to use your blog instead.
In response to Alathon
Hey guy, i was just asking, no reason to get so pissed off. And i was not given any "reason" for anything, i was given an recommendation. However, I don't see how "writing in my blog" about how i have returned to the developer community of BYOND is going to help me say hello to all my favorite oldbies that reside in said community. This is the COMMUNITY portion of OFF TOPIC. There are posts about banning matel toys on here for crying out loud! The feaking index even says "Introduce yourself!" Thats what i'm doing, I'm ReIntorducing myself, yet you keep deleting it without any "Reason" you claim to have given.

So i want to know RIGHT NOW what your problem with me is, or what the problem is with posting that i have returned to byond from a 5 year hiatus. Is this LexyBitch? If so, i still don't like you.

LET ME SAY HELLO TO MY FRIENDS!!!
In response to jobe
jobe wrote:
So i want to know RIGHT NOW what your problem with me is, or what the problem is with posting that i have returned to byond from a 5 year hiatus. Is this LexyBitch? If so, i still don't like you.

I have no problem with you. I deleted the post you made with an all-caps title saying nothing except, 'sup' more or less. I gave you a recommendation, as you yourself stated. You then reposted a topic which had nothing to say except to ask why your previous post was deleted. I deleted that. Then you posted this, I would have deleted this but apparently you didn't get it. I have no obligation nor intent to clarify my actions as a moderator except in this case to explain something you obviously didn't understand the first time around.

Feel free to post your hello thread. But stop posting threads in caps and stop trying to make it sound like someone is out to get you.
In response to Alathon
Nah, I don't need to post my hello thread anymore, this one is more my style. Everyone'll be all like, "Yeah, thats jobe alright."
BYOND is pretty messed up these days. Too many troublemakers in this community and the generally contentious attitude that most people have has lead to the "rules" getting really strict in some places. I say "rules", because for the most part its just moderators taking the initiative to delete what they perceive as garbage posts. But believe me, the forum would be a total mess if they didn't.

Although personally I'm not in favor of people recommending that they "take it to your blog" when you're a non-member and no one is going to visit the blog of someone who's been gone for many years.

Anyway, hi.
BYOND has gotten extremely strict. I still post here and mostly lurk, but I used to be an active post-maker. I disagree quite often on the actions the staff takes on the forum members.

~Kujila
In response to Foomer
Hi back too ya... Where is everyone? i don't recogize hardly any of these posters.
In response to jobe
jobe wrote:
Hi back too ya... Where is everyone? i don't recogize hardly any of these posters.

Most of the oldbies are either gone, in seclusion, or have turned to the dark side.
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
BYOND has gotten extremely strict. I still post here and mostly lurk, but I used to be an active post-maker. I disagree quite often on the actions the staff takes on the forum members.

Sorry, we suck but we're trying. :P
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:

The big question is, trying to what?
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Foomer wrote:

The big question is, trying to what?

What we volunteered to do, at a rough guess (I just wanted to use italics, apparently all the cool people are =( ).

Anyway, the lack of standard forum rules makes this topic iffy, considering most of the forum mods often have conflicting opinions about what is or is not junk/blog material.