ID:182259

*sigh* Well guys there you have it...Toonami is over.

And here is there final broadcast :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/ 268459.html?playlist=featured

When I saw this video I saw my childhood flash before my
eyes.

Toonami : 1997 - 2008
Good Times.

~TaintedSoul707~
I thought Toonami perished long ago, so no big loss for me.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
For all practical purposes, it did.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
I thought Toonami perished long ago, so no big loss for me.

Incidentally, I thought the same on both points.
I disliked most of the dubbed Anime anyways.
For a second I thought that one guy was going to commit suicide.

George Gough
noooo Toonami!!! T.T
i will miss you
In response to Lilxboixlegend
FINALLY !!!
+10 points for Cowboy Bebop allusion

~Kujila
TaintedSoul707 wrote:
*sigh* Well guys there you have it...Toonami is over.

And here is there final broadcast :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/ 268459.html?playlist=featured

My God, is Tom on crack? What the in the world did they do to his body? And I see he has a "crew" now. Or atleast he did. >.>
In response to Kujila
Yeah, I caught that too. Good stuff. CB was by far my favorite Toonami show.
Wait, Toonami was still there? I thought it stopped airing years ago. Hell, I had forgotten it had once existed.
In response to Xooxer
I didn't know CB was on Toonami, I thought it was on Adult Swim. Then again, I haven't seen Toonami since like the late 90's

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
I didn't know CB was on Toonami, I thought it was on Adult Swim. Then again, I haven't seen Toonami since like the late 90's

~Kujila

Cowboy Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and Trigun were the first three anime shows to appear on Adult Swim in Australia (I think, I'm fairly sure Neon Genesis Evangelion might have made an appearance as well). I never saw them on Toonami.

But then again, what's the difference really? Originally, Adult Swim was just a method to show anime in an uncut format. At least, that's how I remember it, we're going back a good five or more years now.
In response to Kujila
Hrm, I think you're right. Been forever since I watched Toonami or AdultSwim. I get my tv online these days.
In response to Tiberath
Actually, Adult Swim was a way of showing Ghost Planet Industries(now called William Street) cartoons. Anime came as a filler/expanded content. If I remember correctly, the original Adult Swim didn't have anime, although it didn't take them long to get it.

Either way, I haven't cared about Toonami and a long time. Even when I was younger, most of the shows they showed were crap, so I didn't care about it much. Although I did like the original robot character, and I believe it was Moltar(Of Space Ghost fame) before that, which was cool.
In response to Danial.Beta
I think it was Thunder Cats, DBZ, and either Voltron or He-Man. They used to show a lot of Sailor Moon too.
In response to SuperAntx
I think my first experience of anime was Voltron (back in the 80s when it was originally running here in the US for the first time). God I was such a huge Voltron nut. My second was probably the Transformers, (never did see RoboTech, though, must have been on a different channel). Again, huge Transformers fan. Then came the Samurai Pizza Cats. Oh, good times.

It wasn't until I was about 18 that I saw a mainstream anime for the first time (I think it was Blue Seed, weird one that). It really blew me away with the concepts it covered and the art. Of course, nearly 12 years later it all seems so mundane and ho-hum, but back then even Sailor Moon was a treat to watch. Then came Toonami and Dragonball Z. Talk about a concept! It was unreal, and so awesome. Like monkeys with super powers that know kung-fu and can fly! Can it get more win? Oh yes, androids. Lots of androids.

I miss those days of wonder sometimes.
I wish at least it could have ended with the original Tom or something better than those [bad] ones.