ID:1824977

Yesterday after walking out of my job building, I could hear some fussing going on. There was a woman standing outside screaming at a security officer, dropping f-bombs back to back, and the security officer seemed like he was just trying to diffuse the situation. When I got in the car, Dad told me the woman being an ass got out of her car, stood in one of the parking spots and blocked it so that her daughter could get in it even though technically there was a car already in front of her daughter's car and that particular vehicle should've gotten it.

Apparently she wouldn't move, and kept screaming "you're going to have to run me over for this spot" and "my daughter needs this spot, damnit", meanwhile the car in front of her daughter's car wouldn't budge. Eventually the douchebag moves out of the spot and got back in her daughter's car and sped off, still screaming f-bombs out her window as they left the parking lot.

Which got me thinking. Of course the woman who got out of her car is a cunt, that's understood, but was it also worth it for the woman in front of her daughter's vehicle to have done what she did as well?

Back in 10th grade, we had this idiot named Antonio at our school. Antonio was almost always skipping school, but this particular day he decides to show up late to class and sit in my seat. So when I walk in the room, I go back to where my seat is and say "This is my seat, could I have it back?" At first, he just looks up at me with this "I wish I would" expression on his face, and then goes back to texting on his flip phone. So I said it again. "This is my seat man." This time he responds with "What're you gonna do about it?"

Now, just like the woman in the car, I had a decision to make. I could've just sat in another spot, or I could've stood my ground as to not give in to the retard. So I stood my ground, and said "You're going to get out of my seat." So at this point he stands up and pushes me, I clock him in the face and then he grapples me and takes me to the ground and we just squirm on the floor for 10 seconds until some other teacher from another classroom ran in and broke it up ( we had a female teacher and I guess she didn't wanna break her nail trying to break it up herself ). Antonio gets up, huffing and puffing as he walks out the classroom and out of the school and I just go to the office.

Within 5 minutes or so, I notice that my knuckles hurt like hell and are swollen. Turns out, that one punch to his face earned me a "Boxer's fracture". I cracked two bones in my hand and had to be in a cast for about a month. Also had to report to Juvenile and go to court and explain what happened and yada yada yada. Anyway, the entire point I'm getting at here is even though there was nothing wrong with me asking for my seat back, and there was everything wrong with this loser who never even comes to school, was it really worth it in the end to go home with a fractured knuckle? Like, what did I win in that scenario? The right to say "I didn't back down"? Who really gives a shit? Well, my 10th grade-self did, because of peer pressure, and "what will everyone think of me if I don't act tough" and all this other uselessness.

What if the crazy woman standing in the parking spot pulled out a pistol and shot the woman? Would "standing your ground" be worth it then? If you had to be rushed to the hospital with a bullet wound? Over a parking spot? We as people don't make wise decisions when it comes to choosing what we fight and don't fight for. Most of the times it's just fueled by pure ego. "I'm not gonna let this guy punk me out in front of my girlfriend" is not a reason to fight, but it's probably one of the most common. There's no point for these confrontations.

My fracture taught me a lesson. Walk away from the dumbass. Don't feed into it, diffuse the situation, it's not worth it. Even if you manage to beat them in a fight, who cares? It's not like you get paid to do it like Mayweather and Pacquiao, so all you basically did was waste your time and energy. The next time I fracture my hand, it'll be because someone is threatening my life or my parents and running is not an option, not because "someone was in my spot".

Was there like assigned seats?

Were you sitting there before and got up, only to come back to the guy taking your chair?

Or was it like. . 'Uh. This is my spot, bro. I sit here everyday.' I presume option #2.

Woulda just told the teacher on him.

#RandallStatus
Where we chose to sit became our seats on the first day of class.

That particular day was picture day. I was already sitting in that seat before we had gone down to take pictures, and Antonio wasn't even there. As I said, he barely even came to school and when he did, he'd just roll in at whatever time he felt like. So somehow when we got back from taking pictures, he was sitting there, I don't even know where he came from. Damn weasel, probably sneaked in through the vents or something.

And the teacher watched the whole thing and knew what was happening anyway. The entire classroom was watching as it all went down, like everything got quiet as soon as I said "You're going to get out of my seat." I think it's because Antonio was an asshat and people were in awe that I was confronting someone no one else had the balls to say anything to. Everyone else just kind of avoided him, but I had already been in God knows how many fights growing up in Detroit. What was one more scuffle with this prick?

But as I said before, now I'd rather have no balls and a working hand than all the balls in the world and a fractured hand, Juvenile court date, and medical bills. The fighting is why I live in Nashville now anyway. My Mom figured that with my track record, I was going to inevitably get into more fights going into high school, and Osborn was already like, UFC.

Not sure if you guys seen 8 Mile before, but basically I grew up on 7 mile, and there's also a 6 mile not too from there. Anyway, all of the "miles" hate each other for some reason, but the problem is the 6 mile students went to Osborn High School, which was located on 7 mile ( so obviously there's 7 mile students there too ). So almost every week, there'd be this giant "7 Mile vs 6 Mile" mega brawl that would start from the corner of Hoover and end like 6 blocks down from Osborn. People were literally getting curb stomped. I remember one time we were driving past Osborn and there was a student just laying on the curb, face bloodied with a crowd out other students hovering over him. Dad got out of the car and called the police and helped the student until they arrived.

Anyway, my Mom assumed that with my "never back down" attitude, I was going to be one of those kids getting stomped into the sidewalk, so we moved to Nashville. That, along with the fact that Kwame decimated Detroit. Life sucks man.
There are two ways to think of this really:
Why did her daughter need that spot? Handicapped maybe? Concerned mother? Or just a wench? Shoulda just ran her over imo. I'm tired of this society where it's okay to be a jerk, as long as you stick to your guns of being a jerk. If she would've got run over for standing in a spot, I would not have blamed the driver one bit. Car > woman. Now I'm not suggesting go into that spot at 30 mph, but you could probably win a game of chicken with the lady. As the guy technically did.

I'm not suggesting you go out and seek confrontation, but there is a behavior being encouraged when you let things like this go.
In response to Lugia319
I feel like this goes back to his other point:
"What if the crazy woman standing in the parking spot pulled out a pistol and shot the woman?"

This actually happens, so I wouldn't discount it:

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/ shooting-victim-was-texting-daughters-daycare/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ man-shoots-teen-loud-music-article-1.1209345

There are so many unknowns when arguing with a stranger, it's just not worth it.

That's why you should only argue with friends and family. Happy Easter. :)
In response to DarkCampainger
I recognize that, but that is highly infreqent. But it's not wrong. The key point is that you have to pick battles you can win. The woman would not have expected someone to not run her over unless she would not have run over a person herself. If she did, she would not have stood in the spot because it would've been unsafe. If she pulled a gun out, she probably would've made a spectacle of it before actually using it. Which would give the car driver a chance to make another choice. Pick battles you can win, and the battle is over when the winner decides it is over.

In the event that people snap, well, you can't control that. It's unfortunate but it happens, but it's a fringe case so I'm not too worried about it.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
There are two ways to think of this really:
Why did her daughter need that spot? Handicapped maybe? Concerned mother? Or just a wench? Shoulda just ran her over imo. I'm tired of this society where it's okay to be a jerk, as long as you stick to your guns of being a jerk. If she would've got run over for standing in a spot, I would not have blamed the driver one bit. Car > woman. Now I'm not suggesting go into that spot at 30 mph, but you could probably win a game of chicken with the lady. As the guy technically did.

If there was a legitimate reason as to why her daughter needed the spot, she could have stated the reason why and possibly gotten the spot.

I'm not suggesting you go out and seek confrontation, but there is a behavior being encouraged when you let things like this go.

There's a behavior encouraged when you escalate situations as well. Any fight fought to protect something other than a life or your home is going to be a fight to protect pride. Culture encourages us to be the tough guy. That's why we fight, and have to get the last word in, because regardless of how pointless the things we fight over are, our reputation and ego tells us we should brawl because if we walk away, that makes you a "little bitch".

Well I'll happily be the little bitch because I got better stuff to do than break my hands across people's faces over "spots".
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Well I'll happily be the little bitch because I got better stuff to do than break my hands across people's faces over "spots".

Amen.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

It's your call to make, but this extends to more than just spots. This has applications in career advancement more than anything the way I see it. And I'll gladly run over little bitches like you to climb up in the world.

(Expletive used to use your own words twice for a sense of irony. You cool ET)
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

It's your call to make, but this extends to more than just spots. This has applications in career advancement more than anything the way I see it. And I'll gladly run over little bitches like you to climb up in the world.

(Expletive used to use your own words twice for a sense of irony. You cool ET)

I don't see how.

If I'm competing for a job, and someone says "fight me for it", I just walk away. Outplayed and outsmarted, GG no RE. Meanwhile, you respond with "come at me bro", get your butt kicked, and then no job because the employer finds out and considers you a person with no self control. Rip in pieces Lugia 2015.
Confrontation isn't always physical.

"No individuals were harmed in the process of this job interview"
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Confrontation isn't always physical.

"No individuals were harmed in the process of this job interview"

I was only referring to confrontations where people are acting hostile enough to where violence is imminent. i.e. me getting pushed after telling someone to get out of my seat, or someone standing in a parking spot daring a stranger to run them over.