I Made A Dungeon!

by Hedgemistress
Rogue-like action! Child-like graphics!
ID:1825443

I had been thinking about a map editor as an impossibly far off pipe dream, something that would clearly be neat but would have to wait until the rest of the game was basically finished... but then I realized the actual hard part of that is the saving and loading of custom maps, which need not be any different than the saving and loading of randomly generated maps. So I went ahead and threw it in.

Right now edit mode consists solely of the ability to change the turfs, all of which use the default color randomly assigned for the room. You have two "brushes", the right and left mouse buttons, with right by default being floor and left by default being wall. Shift click does a fill. The fill operation is stopped at the bounds of the room you're editing. While I've framed the screen exactly on a single node, you can scroll freely in edit mode, allowing you to see how your room connects to adjoining ones.

The next steps are going to be to allow you to edit the color for both the node and the individual tiles inside it, and to access/edit the node information (turn it into a safe zone, set encounters, et etera).