ID:182598

Iv tried port rounding like 3 time before in the last three years and every time I followed every step exactly and it never worked and always ended up killing my internet settings.

If anyone knows of any other way I can let people join my game without port rounding then please let me know. I think I know of this one program but I can't remember its name is like:

Itbachi
Itachi
libachi

or some stupid name like that I think but I just cant rmember anything.
Perhaps it's because you should be port forwarding, not rounding? :) And the program is called "Hamachi", but this requires anyone who wants to connect to your game to also have it, really just a huge hassle for something like BYOND.
In response to Flame Sage
I think I meant port forwarding but do you have the website ima try it one more time.
In response to Dbgtsuperfreak
In response to Flame Sage
www.PortForwarding.com's Instructions
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...Seeker_Host.htm

My Instructions
How to Set Up Port Fowarding so you can Host
(Note! All routers are different, so these instructions may not be 100% correct for everyone's router)
1. Open Internet Explorer, or whatever internet browser you use

2. Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter
(if this IP doesnt work see the below section for instructions)

3. A prompt should come up asking for user id and password
on most routers by default the user is admin and the password is password
(if these dont work:
either a: you set a custom user name/password - cant help you there
or b: youll have to either check your manuals or find your defaults somewhere on the internet
I'd try here first www.portforward.com )

4. Once the router page loads look for a link/button that says Port Forwarding, Applications, Gaming, something similar

5. In the port forwarding section look for a button that says Add New Service or something similar

6. In here there should be several settings: Name, IP, Port Ranges
-6.1 Name: This doesnt really matter at all, its more a description for what this port is going to be open for
(ie. BYOND Hosting)
-6.2 IP Address: this is the IP address of the computer in your internal network that is going to be hosting
(If you dont know how to find the IP then check the below section)
-6.3 Port Ranges: these are the ports you want open on the IP address you've selected
(ie. 1234 - 1234 to only open 1 port or 1234 - 1239 to open several)

7. Apply the changes you input in here and you should be ready to host on whichever port(s) you put in!

BELOW SECTION:
How to Find your IP Addresses
1. Open the Control Panel, from the Start menu

2. Enter the Network Conections section

3. Double click the overlapping monitors icon
- If there is more then 1 icon use the 1 with blue screens
- If both are blue pick either

4. Goto the support tab on the new window

5. The Default Gateway listed on this page is the number you want to enter on Interenet Explorer to access the router's settings

6. The IP Address listed here is the current IP address of your computer
- Your internal IP address
- To get your External IP address goto http://www.portforward.com and scroll to the bottom of the page
- Your external IP address isnt used for any of the steps here

Note: Internal IP Addresses can change if not manualy configured, if yours changes you will either need to reconfigure the Port Forwarding settings or manualy configure to a Static IP Address