ID:182638

Around 7 PM CST. NOW. Shadowbane is a free online MMORPG that Ubisoft made. It used to be pay to play and it had tons of expansions. Think of it like WoW mixed with a more political/medieval element.

Anyhow, they're wiping all the servers from the past five years, giving the game a new update, and starting two brand new servers tonight.

I already have some friends in real life who are more than likely going to try to start a guild of some sort.

Hopefully we can build a city quick, so if any of you want to swear allegiances to our guild, we'll hopefully offer good prices and trainers in the city, as well as ample defenses.

Works on Macs too, to my knowledge any ways.

Shadowbane MMORPG Official Website

Client Download (891.5 MB; Windows Version)

My account name is Kujila_ but since there's no servers, I have no characters to tell you to PM in-game :)

~Kujila
I just quit WoW, and since this is free I'll have to play. Thanks for the link, i'm probably going to make my name Lachance, assuming it's available. That was my WoW name. Anyways i'll post more information later, i'm going out tonight with friends so post which server you're on i'll look forward to joining you. Peace out.
In response to Mr.Tophat
Mr.Tophat wrote:
i'm probably going to make my name Lachance

Coincidentally, the name "Shadowbane" made me think of Shadowmere, who is given to you by Lucien Lachance in Oblivion. :P
In response to Popisfizzy
The character I based my World of Warcraft name off of. However noone in world of warcraft seemed to understand that. I was constantly spammed with the question, "Do you speak French?" or my personal favorite "Parle vous Francois?"... or something. So frustrating apparently it's a family's last name in france. I just though Lucien Lachance was really badass. It was a pity he had to die. Side note: I'm still playing Oblivion casually, nothing like when I got the game but I love playing around with different builds and have been trying to make one comporable to a full out magic user. I've found one, kind of. My one complaint with Oblivion is that magic users were way overpowered and anyone who maxxed Restoration and have enough mana could do absolutely rediculous feats like fortifying your acrobatics to 400 then jumping ridiculous heights. Or doing the same to your strength and then just abusing people. Ugh, <3 Oblivion. Sorry, that was a really random tangent. I'm so looking forward to Fallout 3, screw all the haters. Bethesda forever!
I'm downloading it right now (nearly finished in fact). Hopefully it won't trigger my graphics card's blue screen problem or it has a software renderer (stupid RX55 register, at least I think that's the problem).
<s>Kujila Kekeke - Aracoix (Hopefully) Ranger</s> (Deleted)

Server: Thurin

Kujila - Aracoix Ranger

~Kujila
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Coincidentally, the name "Shadowbane" made me think of Shadowmere, who is given to you by Lucien Lachance in Oblivion. :P

I got that horse about 15 minutes ago. ...It was fun getting it. >=)
In response to SuperAntx
You sir, are a mischevious scoundrel!
Its free huh, I shouldn't have wasted that money on the disk like 4 years ago, someone recommended it and when I played it I didn't like it at all, waste of money. But hopefully they came a long way since then, that was when it first came out.

[edit] WOW they have come a looong way, the graphics are much better, when I played it they might as well been a top down 2d game using 3d icons. The game looks nothing alike. Might be worth retrying but my computer doesnt meet the requirements.
The movement in the game is a bit weird. Moving by right-clicking? And moving the camera with Num keys? Is there any way to change the movement?
In response to DisturbedSixx
I set A and D to rotate the camera

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
I'm also on the server Thurin
However, Kujila has rerolled again to another person
Kuji

I'm Drekth
a 28 channeler

he's yet to break 16 I think :-P (I've broken 20 with 2 toons, I rerolled my main to make his spells hit harder)
In response to Mr.Tophat
I hit level 40 on Kuji tonight :D

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
42 on Drekth
30 on Eviscerator
lachance - deleted
ohemeff (20 mage made to help level my bro) - deleted

Hehe, i think i'm addicted. I've hit for 400 damage :O