ID:182646

It would be pretty cool if BYOND Held gaming tournaments.

I know BYOND does do some but most of them are by users not the BYOND staff themselve(I may be wrong)

But anyways back to the topic , maybe byond can do something similar to what http://GameBattles.com has going on.

Maybe have like Call of Duty , Halo , Starcraft tournaments. And the winner can win cash prizes.

And the money is made is from a small entry fee. This would be good for BYOND becuase they can get a small precentage of the profit and put it towards something useful(maybe a better server idk).

I think this would be really nice if BYOND did this.

But maybe like once a month becuase you dont want anyone to join BYOND just for the tournaments.

So what do you guys think ?

~TaintedSoul707~
Its a great idea. But Byond isnt gamebattles.com and i dont think the byond staff is gonna be holding any tournaments and cashing our prizes. Someone in the byond community can hold such tournaments. But i dont think byond staff has any time for it.
In response to Max Omega
Well , I would be glad to hold competitions like this but i have no idea where to start. Well , I know what i should do its just i dont know how the money part would work.

But I would put all my efforts into this if someone has a good idea on how this system would work.
Here's my opinion.

TaintedSoul707 wrote:
Maybe have like Call of Duty , Halo , Starcraft tournaments.

And what do they have to do with BYOND? Why exactly should BYOND staff do this? I don't really see a reason. They'd want the opposite from what such tournaments would do - people to play BYOND games more, not less, I reckon.

And the money is made is from a small entry fee.

Now I'm only taking a guess but they probably need some sort of deal or confirmation from the game's companies or something in order to legally get money by them.
In response to Kaioken
It wouldnt have to be a cash reward anyway
In the time before the tournament byond game makers could create a tournament rewards system in each game that participated
games that participated as playing grounds for the tourn could implement rewards to the tournament winners of those games
such as if it was dmo a in game plaque of the winner and a preview of a newer version
(Doubt that would be an actual reward but Im throwing out a random example)
that would have people playing byond games and coding more and improving skills