Final Resurrection: Redemption

by Toddab503
Final Resurrection: Redemption
Do you have what it takes to achieve the Final Resurrection?
ID:1826888

Well after far too long, it's finally time for the game to experience a major update. Unlike the last version change, however, no one should expect there to simply be some new content and a few major system changes. In fact, if you know anything about the game you're probably better off just forgetting it entirely!

Why so drastic? Well for a number of reasons I've mentioned in various places before, the game was not nearly as successful as I'd hoped, and had several serious issues. It was designed around the input of an older games community, and not enough around my own thoughts and interests. It being my first game release also did not help.

So the game is currently being redesigned from nearly scratch. Every single system that existed, or could come to exist is being thought through, reconsidered, and programmed with very little of the past versions programming still in tact. A lot of the previous graphics may be altered, or remain intact, but that'll probably be the most you can expect from the past. New graphics will also be added, but some of what you see may just be placeholders until full release. Now none of this would mean much without anything to show for it, so below I'll list a few previews!

Here below is a basic example of the new character creation process. It's at least around 50% complete, but currently only one race is selectable. Please bare in mind that all previews are also in the games default resolution (800x600) which is designed to be compatible with notebook PC's, and leaves the possibility for expanding into the webclient wide open. Those with larger resolutions can use full screen mode, and have the game and its view properly scaled for their computers.

Next up we have an example of the new movement system, which includes running, and some of the new GUI in action as well!

Now, below there is a basic example of some physical combat, but bare in mind that this is a pretty bare bones example. Most of the basic physical combat is in, but the new skill system is still in development, and only a little can be seen in this gif. Naturally, the gif also excludes the new sound effects.

There is still much more complete than shown in this post, and far more planned so keep your eyes open for more updates in the future! I'll try to post something pretty regularly, but even if there are no posts, progress is currently made almost every day.

Looking good, good luck.
Shows promise, good luck!
The combat reminds me a little of Legacy of Goku!
Thanks everyone. That actually comes to no surprise, Komuru, because the physical combat is inspired by Legacy of Goku II. There is attack, strong attack, dashing, guarding, and knock back all just like it. The system similarities end there, however.

There is a lock-on system being implemented that works in combination with Blur (a form of high speed movement/teleportation), and that alone changes things up. Other attack animations are planned later to mix it up for graphical combos, and there will also be fighting styles to change things up a tad as well.

That's purely physical combat as well, there's a whole number of things planned for the skill system that'll hopefully make for a very action packed, fast-paced, fun, and unique combat experience. I'll be trying to get some more previews of this kind of stuff out in the next preview post.
Nice! :) Goodluck let me know if u need any help :)
Good luck, hopefully you finish it in a reasonable time.