ID:182715

OK , I plan on selling a used Halo 3 , used Call of Duty 4 , and a used ps2 slim like in a bundle on Ebay. And I was wondering what you guys think would be a good price for me to sell it for. and a good minimum bid.

Some facts : Buying all those things used at gamestop would cost

Cod 4 used : $54.99
ps2 slim used : $100
Halo 3 used : $54.99 (i think , it doesnt say on the website)

Or should I just sell all these things separate?

So please give me some advice.
And interested in buying maybe we can work something out.
TaintedSoul707 wrote:
OK , I plan on selling a used Halo 3 , used Call of Duty 4 , and a used ps2 slim like in a bundle on Ebay. And I was wondering what you guys think would be a good price for me to sell it for. and a good minimum bid.

Some facts : Buying all those things used at gamestop would cost

Cod 4 used : $54.99
ps2 slim used : $100
Halo 3 used : $54.99 (i think , it doesnt say on the website)

Or should I just sell all these things separate?

So please give me some advice.
And interested in buying maybe we can work something out.

First, you should seel them separately, I highly doubt someone would want 2 xbox 360 games and a ps2. Also I think those prices for the games are a bit high. If I was going to buy CoD 4 and Halo 3, I would rather buy a new one rather than a used one as it is only 5 bucks more or so.
Since you didn't specify, I'm going to assume your copy of CoD4 is for the 360, as Halo 3 is. You would probably be better off selling the PS2 by itself, and the two 360 games together, if you wanted to bundle some of it. I definitely wouldn't purchase a bundle with a PS2 and games for a completely other system, doesn't make much sense to me. Not sure about what starting bids to use though, sorry.
In response to Calus CoRPS
I dont plan on selling those games for that much money. Thats how much they cost at gamestop

If i were to sell them seperately i was thinking about selling the two 360 games for like 35 bucks.

And maybe the ps2 for 50 bucks.

What do ya think ?
In response to TaintedSoul707
Hm , thats sounds pretty good. Oh and yes they both are xbox360 games. So Yea i think i will sell the both 360 games together and the ps2 alone. But i still dont know a good starting price.

Becuase if you but COD 4 and Halo 3 used and GAMESTOP it will run you around 55 bucks each. So thats 110 plus tax. And thats like a few bucks more. So i think a good starting price for the two games would be like 70-80 bucks ? Does that sound good ?
Tip number 1, no one goes to eBay to pay store prices for games, they are on eBay looking for a deal. Look around on eBay first and see what the going rates are for the game titles you want to sell. Chances are, you won't be able to sell the games for much more then what they are currently going for.

Be careful, even if you don't sell the games, you'll stand to owe eBay some money. So don't think about selling them on eBay unless you are 100% sure about it before hand.

To be honest, I'd only give you maybe $30 for each game if I was buying it off eBay, considering I'd also have to pay shipping and handling charges.

EDIT: If you check eBay right now, the going rate is about what I just quoted you for Halo 3, which seems about right.

You know what I'd do though? I would wait until I had a coupon from GameStop giving me a extra 10% trade in, and then also wait for one of the days when they offer you a 5%-10% extra tade in bonus when you trade in 2 or more games, and then, use your GameStop membership bonus (if you have it.) and chances are, you will most likely get more money then you would on eBay, and if you simply trade them in for store credit instead of chash, you'll get even more store credit to pick up a few new games.

If you did what I suggest at a Gamestop and traded in a PS2 and 2 good Xbox 360 titles, there is a pretty good chance you'd get about $120-$150 for it all, which is pretty decent. Of course you won't be getting back what you paid for, you rarely EVER do.
In response to Baladin
Hmmm , Baladin , your plan seems to be better.

Becuase I called gamestop the other day and all in all I would get 95 in store credits for all of the games i wanted to trade in. I was just hoping it would be a little more than that though. My targert i wanted to get was 120 but it looks like I may come short of that. I think I may wait until they are having some sort of deal. Also how do you get coupons ?
GameStop and EBgames, which are one comapany now, sell a specific gaming magainze at their store, I forget what it is called.. Anyanyways, often time, they will have coupons in those magazines.

Sometimes they will have them on their websites you can just print off as well.
In response to Baladin
OK, thanks for the help everyone. I made my descicion to trade them in at gamestop. I will post back if i need anymore help.
You might want to wait, right now, the only special they are running is a extra $10 trade in credit for two Xbox 360 titles, which is less then what they usually give.

I'd wait until next week and see what they have to offer and hope the weekly special changes to more of an advantage for you.
If you sign up for EBs newsletter, they provide coupons with the Weekend Specials, the one I got yesterday is for a $20 hardware trade-in bonus, but it says it can't be combined with any other offers, so if you had other things you were planning on using, you're SOL.

I don't plan on using the coupon, so if you'd like it, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you or something.
In response to Baladin
Oh, so the specials change weekly ! OK maybe I wont trade my games in just yet. I guess I will wait maybe a week or two.
In response to Detnom
Detnom, that would be the second nicest thing anyone has every done for me on BYOND. I would love to get that coupon. My email address is : [email protected]

Also , what do you mean by : "...it can't be combined with any other offers, so if you had other things you were planning on using, you're SOL."
If you had another coupon, or were trying to take advantage of another deal while using this coupon, they might give you trouble, since that's what it says on the coupon. "Cannot be combined with any other offer". It's worth a shot either way, though. Coupon's been sent. =)
In response to Detnom
I have never tried to us it with another coupon to tell the truth, but I have never had a problem using my membership bonus, a coupon and a deal of the week. But maybe I was just a special customer since I lived an hour and a half away from them and still somehow made it there at least once a week.
In response to Detnom
At least around here, many "cannot be combined with any other offer" clauses are totally ignored, and no one bothers to enforce them. YMMV.
In response to Jtgibson
I know what you mean. It's basically a case by case basis, that's why I said it's worth a shot anyway. =) I've had people be nice and not worry about it, and others be sticklers. Just depends on the person and the kind of day they're having.
In response to Detnom
Alright man , thanks for the card. Right now , im not able to sign into my email address , but i will be able to sign in on thursday. And i was hoping you could give me some details about the card ? Like what type of coupon it is ,when it expires, etc
In response to Detnom
Some of the older people who work there, who tend not even to be gamers, can be real jerks about almost everything and not even know what they are talking about.

But if you can corner one of the younger kids, it is usually easier to break rules. I remeber I brought in a bunch of rare games to sell at GameStop once and the kid at the counter saw them and went nutts.

He took me outside and offered me cash out of his pocket for them, telling me, that, he would pay me more, but he would still end up paying less then the price GameStop would jack them up for. Needless to say, I took it, and the kid ended up doing me several extra solids for me when I traded the rest of my games in.
It's an image of a coupon, pretty sure you can just print it out and show it to the associate at EBGames. However, the coupon has a short life, it expires the day you'll be signing into your e-mail. If there's any other way I can get it to you where you'll be able to use it before it expires, feel free to let me know.
Page: 1 2