ID:1828296

Hello Readers! I hope you had a nice Easter weekend. Check out these updates as you finish gnawing on your chocolate bunnies and peanut butter filled eggs.

BYOND Website

The BYOND website is now integrated with a new feature for dealing with users who you have blocked. Now, when you block a user, you will no longer be able to see any of the posts or comments they have created on the forums.

Additionally, many of the posts that had been lost when the site transitioned away from the blogs and guilds are now available in the Off-topic section of the website. If you have any posts you feel would be better off in a different section, go ahead and move them.

BYOND Games

Kevin208 has returned with a update on Just A Game. This week brings to light one of my worst nightmares. Slithering snakes have been added, while most of them appear to be oversized gardener snakes, one is absolutely huge and his name is Orochi. I'll keep my distance from him.

The Dreadnaught Productions team has chosen the classes that will be available in the fantasy adventure game, Demon Blade. Players will have the choice of being a master of Kung Fu, weapons, or sorcery when they land into the damaged land of Cruendia.

Kumorii has posted a progress log on developments made to the open source PVP capture the flag game, Skirmish. Yutput has taken a swing at adding content to the game, including the addition of armor, non-transparent bushes, and instant death melee weapons. Additionally, a new battlefield has been added. Developers who are interested in adding their own ideas to Skrimish should get in contact with Kumorii.

I Made A Dungeon! Or... at least Hedgemistress did. The game is a dungeon crawler where players explore bottomless maps in search of gold, weapons, and monsters to fight. In addition to the plethora of update logs, she made a town, elementally enhanced weapons, traps, various monsters, and a map editor. Fancy partial effects make for colorful battles, and is utilizing a keyboard based interface as she moves away from statpanels.

Sigrogana Legend 2 is currently at version 1.19, and boasts a host a new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Attack forecasts have improved, a new style of combat is available, crafting has been implanted. The black beasts have once again returned and are attacking Tannis.

The retro game in-development MicrORPG has become nothing short of a small project as Mr_Goober posts a development log featuring the syntax and incorporation of ZNDev modules. If your interested in seeing more of how this game operates, the entire source code is available on the hub page.

NEStalgia is hosting a Easter holiday event until April 12th . A new region is accessible during the event. This is area is called the Ether. In the Ether players can find new companions, equipment, and badges. To gain access to the Ether, the Ether bunny and his rabbits must first fall. If you can't beat them, then you can enjoy the decoration around town.

Transcendence is a RPG in development where the player takes the role of a spirit of a warrior, who must undergo difficult trials in order to become a Spirit Warrior, who are sworn to protect the spirit world of Earth. In the spirit world, you must spend time in the day preparing to impress the spirits that come out in the night, or risk failing your trials. Exentriks Gaming is looking for a variety of team members for those who are interested in the project.

Age of Hyboria is a in-development RPG where players can explore a vast landmass, team up to explore dungeons and fight monsters, find unique equipment, and create their own character. Unchanged has made a request for interested pixel artists.

After a half-year of development, Manio has finally released the first edition of Event Horizon, a space station survival game. Unfortunately it was redacted in under an hour due to a ground breaking bug. We'll have to wait a bit longer to play, but information has been released on a new round style called "LV426" and medals have been published.

As he mentioned in his 2015 vision, Toddab503 has posted an update log for the PVP game Final Resurrection: Redemption. The game has been mostly redesigned with his personal thoughts being in focus. Screenshots demonstrate the movement system, combat, and HUD interface elements.

BYOND Resources

Looking forward to hearing more about Transcendence.
Thanks for the mention! Transcendence definitely earns some interest, and it's great to see NEStalgia is still actively progressing in some way. I caught a few minutes of Yut Put streaming his work on Skirmish, and that was pretty entertaining to see. I liked the direction he was going with the map he was working on.
In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
Looking forward to hearing more about Transcendence.

i'll tell you everything you need to know. even when it'll get discontinued.
Whenever my game gets mentioned, I always get a smile on my face ;)
Horray! Another mention from Higoten! Also sorry if nothing flashy or interesting has been happening with the project.
What flavor of martial arts is 'Kong Fu'?
Obviously a typo. Regardless, kung fu actually isn't any specific flavor of martial arts, but merely romanized Chinese (gongfu) for martial arts in general. Literally it can be used for any learned skill, though.

That tangential comment aside, I might have something for the next one of these posts... we'll see.
Sorry about not posting this on Facebook yet. I haven't been feeling well and missed my usual window.
We're still working on things! We've been keeping to ourselves and posting the odd teaser on Facebook now and then, but we've been making consistent progress to a release.

https://www.facebook.com/severedworldmmorpg
I feel pretty shitty about the massive bug I found after releasing Event Horizon :/

Should be ready in a day or two. Sorry chaps.
Whenever my game gets mentioned, I always get a smile on my face :D
ive been thinking about buying an NVIDIA Shield and the promise of Severed World being on mobile devices is giving me one more reason to go ahead with the purchase.
Nvidia Shield, so you can play it on the loo?
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Nvidia Shield, so you play play it on the loo?

Yes I play play it on the loo
In response to EmpirezTeam
Stupid autocorrect, I shouldn't post here on my phone. Always good to know.