ID:182830

Lately I've been having problems with my sound device. It is an onboard sound card called Realtek, which I think is developed by Intel. Anyway, after I install the drivers and reboot the machine, the sound works perfect. If I reboot the machine again, however, the driver just stops working. Windows Media Player spits out some dumb error about the sound device and Winamp says I've got a bad DirectSound driver.

I don't know what information I need to provide here as my sound driver has always worked, so just ask the questions that need to be asked. My soundcard is Realtek HD Audio and my operation system is Windows XP Pro SP 2. CaptFalcon33035 angry.
SpikeNeedle suggest download driver. SpikeNeedle say new driver. SpikeNeedle good.
In response to SpikeNeedle
CaptFalcon33035 try. CaptFalcon33035 fail.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
SpikeNeedle mean DirectSound. SpikeNeedle say download driver. SpikeNeedle like DirectSound. DirectSound good.
In response to SpikeNeedle
I've tried that as well. Everything dealing with DirectX checks out. It's just that after every restart, the sound device driver just stops working. dxdiag also reports no problems until step 3:
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x88780078 (No driver)

So I'm at a loss of what to do.