ID:182832

Is there a way I can override the new forum theme with the old CSS locally somehow? I mean, just render the page with a stylesheet on my PC rather than the server.

Is it built into firefox or something?

Thanks; Also, I don't mean any offense, the new site layout is great, the forum color scheme just strains my eyes a bit.

~Kujila
Agreed. I like the layout, but I preferred the old colour scheme xD
I believe GreaseMonkey allows you to do CSS overwrites. If it doesn't, just search around the extensions site.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
I believe GreaseMonkey allows you to do CSS overwrites. If it doesn't, just search around the extensions site.

I don't know about GreaseMonkey, but Firebug allows it. I had a copy of the old forum CSS somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it for you.

[Edit]
/* Forum Stuff */
/***************************************************************************************/
#forum_data {
background-color: #edd7aa;
border: 2px solid #0017b2;
}

/* admin color (closed threads, admin posts) */
.admin_lite
{color: #bf2f13}
.admin
{font-weight: bold; color: #bf2f13}

/* colors to distinguish unread messages */
a.unread:link, a.unread:visited, a.unknown:link, .invisible a.unread:link, .invisible a.unread:visited, .invisible a.unknown:link
{color: #077712}

/* set this to the same value above */
td.unread
{background-color: #077712}

/* default message header color */
.style1
{color: #000010; background-color: #B4B4C4}

/* in topic view, alternating message header color */
.style2
{color: #000010; background-color: #A4A4C4}

/* message header link color */
.style1 a:link, .style1 a:visited, .style2 a:link, .style2 a:visited
{color: #0017b2}

/* default message body color */
.style3
{color: #000010; background-color: #edd7aa}

/* message body link color */
.style3 a:link, .style3 a:visited
{color: #0017b2}

/* IE hover color */
a:hover, a.read:hover, a.unread:hover, a.unknown:hover, .style1 a:hover, .style2 a:hover, .style3 a:hover, .invisible a:hover, .invisible a.read:hover, .invisible a.unread:hover, .invisible a.unknown:hover
{text-decoration:underline}

/* IE active color */
a:active, a.read:active, a.unread:active, a.unknown:active, .style1 a:active, .style2 a:active, .style3 a:active, .invisible a:active, .invisible a.read:active, .invisible a.unread:active, .invisible a.unknown:active
{text-decoration:underline}

/* <dm> tags in forum */
.dmcode, .dmcomment, .dmpreprocessor,
.dmkeyword, .dmstring , .dmbrace {
background-color: #ffffff;
}
div.dmcode {
width: 98%;
overflow: auto;
border: 2px solid #888888;
padding: 5px;
color: #000010;
}
pre.dmcode {
color: #000010;
}
.dmcomment {
color: #808080;
}
.dmpreprocessor {
color: #008000;
}
.dmkeyword {
color: #0000ff;
}
.dmstring {
color: #0096b4;
}
.dmbrace {
color: #005064;
}

I don't know what effect using this will have on the main layout, or even if it'll actually work. So it's up to you to mess around with.
In response to Tiberath
Do you happen to have a way of making it look like the good old Black and Blue layout Tiberath? :)
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Do you happen to have a way of making it look like the good old Black and Blue layout Tiberath? :)

To the better part of my knowledge, I have that CSS somewhere. But not on me. I took the CSS above from the hub_page.css file I release ages ago. I'll hunt around for it, but don't get your hopes up.
In response to Tiberath
Ah, maybe it is firebug I was thinking of. GreaseMonkey can run javascript automatically. I, for one, have disabled all right-click hooks using it. Mostly because those stupid "no right-click" scripts are annoying as hell and only make things harder for the user.
In response to Tiberath
I found a good one. Look up the "Stylish" extension.