ID:182998

I also made a blog post about this, but i'm at my wits end.

There HAS to be something simpler than direct3D for drawing sprites, there has too be. If there really isnt, I'm quitting programming. 200+ lines of code to draw a triangle is ridiculous.
Well, that's when you don't use trangles and whatnot, but I'm fairly certain you are doing something wrong. I've never messed with direct3D, but I have messed with OpenGL and it wasn't nearly that hard. In fact, I had a basic game going in well under 200 lines. Probably more like 30 lines.
There HAS to be something simpler than direct3D for drawing sprites, there has too be. If there really isnt, I'm quitting programming. 200+ lines of code to draw a triangle is ridiculous.

It takes a bit more effort but doing it that way means you get free access to hardware features which means you have to do less work for stuff like blending, scaling, rotating, and plenty of other stuff. And unless you were doing something very wrong or including non related project setup it should take much less to get a triangle up :P. However it shouldn't matter much since you should be encapsulating this functionality into a class or object such that you build yourself a simple interface to reduce drawing a sprite to a single or a few commands.
In response to Danial.Beta
200 lines was an exaggeration :P
I should probably just build classes and such to make it easier, yeah. Im just lazy. =p
In response to DDSR
DDSR wrote:
200 lines was an exaggeration :P
I should probably just build classes and such to make it easier, yeah. Im just lazy. =p

Obviously not :o) Any lazy programmer would have built classes to begin with.