ID:1830527

Resolved
Macros without the repeat flag would still trigger if there was a match for macros with the flag with a different modifier combo.
BYOND Version:507.1281
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview - Build 10049
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:When I setup a macro through Options and Messages with the repeat button not checked, the macros are still repeating.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:1.Press F1(Or click the "File" menu at the top and click on "Options and Messages..."

2.When that pops up, click the "Client" menu at the top of the screen and then click on "Macros..."

3.Now from here click on "New Macro..."

4.Put in the key you want to use and type in a command under "Command:"

5.Press OK on all the dialogs and close the windows.

6.Test your hotkeys.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Not Applicable

Expected Results:The macro should fire whenever you hit the button, but shouldn't repeat.

Actual Results:The macro repeats anyways.(It appears it maybe repeating at the rate windows key repeat is set to in keyboard settings.)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?When not setting up macros.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Untested.

Workarounds:No real work-around except for maybe changing windows settings or use key release instead.

Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I was not able to reproduce this behavior. I'll need a test project.
Lummox, after a few minutes of further testing, when using the default interface and clicking the Alt button so that .alt is shown in the command line, this is when it happens.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Macros without the repeat flag would still trigger if there was a match for macros with the flag with a different modifier combo.
I'm still having this happen in 507.1283 which it says this is fixed in Lummox.

The macros are repeating despite repeat not being checked.

NOTE: I only have 1 macro setup which is for the letter A which is set to trigger a verb named Test() which just has world<<"Called." under it.

I have no modifier keys setup for that macro, and I use the Alt button on the interface(down by Chat and Host.)

While .alt is shown in the command line the macro for "A" is repeating despite that box not being checked.

***By chance could you explain what the Alt button on the interface is meant to be used for?
Please send me a test project. I tried this with alt mode on and never saw an issue with those; I did however see something with modifier keys, which is what I fixed.

The alt button is for the old macro mode, when games used to all require the alt key for character macros. Some games set this mode automatically.
Superbike32 wrote:
I'm still having this happen in 507.1283 which it says this is fixed in Lummox.

The macros are repeating despite repeat not being checked.

NOTE: I only have 1 macro setup which is for the letter A which is set to trigger a verb named Test() which just has world<<"Called." under it.

Any updates on this, Lummox?

Pretty much exactly what's going on right now while using the latest build (509.1318). It's very hit and miss behavior, unfortunately. It honestly feels like I'm playing a MMO that heavily relies on RNG.

For some reason, macros are randomly repeating. I've tried in a new project as well, same behavior ( again, it's hit and miss ). I thought it might be tied to .dmf files, so I tried using winset as a workaround but that, too, was short-lived.

The only workaround that comes to mind in to have two separate macros for down/up, and a list that monitors and checks each key and it's status. But that's quite a hefty workaround for RNG behavior and I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Aside from that, closing and relaunching the game until it functions properly, and praying it doesn't mess up is another route I can take.
I need a test project that shows the issue.