ID:183071

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these, or even just a link to an article that can give me an idea of how big the difference is. I know it's not going to make it top of the line HD but I've heard there is an improvement.
I'll be using it on a 42-inch Plasma screen, so any improvement should be worth it, but I'm not quite sure what to think of this cord.
It will produce the clearest possible picture, but it wont do a ton over an SVideo, the Wii doesn't offer any HD signals.
In response to Danial.Beta
I thought 480p was considered HD? I dunno, they all seem low definition to me.
In response to DarkView
It's a much cleaner picture, but it's still not that much better. It does reduce the scanlines though. I didn't know the Wii could do 480p, but the gains would be minimal. DVDs, for example, are 480p, and I've watched the same movie on both and the difference is there, but minor.
The option (apparently) becomes available in the Wii menu after you've connected the cord. The cleaner picture is what I'm hoping for. Everything I've read has been a little too enthusiastic. Like you say, the difference is minimal, but they're reacting like it's made a world of difference.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
The option (apparently) becomes available in the Wii menu after you've connected the cord. The cleaner picture is what I'm hoping for. Everything I've read has been a little too enthusiastic. Like you say, the difference is minimal, but they're reacting like it's made a world of difference.

yo Dark

I've got the component cables and I'd say for a 42" TV they'd definitely be worth it.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html
http://wiinintendo.net/?p=1943 (these ones aren't as great because the pictures are taken off-screen, I believe, but the difference is still noticable)

here are some comparison shots.

oh, and here's a video that should sell you immediately :]
In response to Vortezz
Ah thanks. That's exactly what I needed to see.
In response to DarkView
In response to Vortezz
I've got the component cables too, and yeah, they really do improve the picture. Using the old cables on an HD TV is almost unwatchable for me, now (so blurry and ugh).
Am I the only person who likes Scanlines? Whenever I play games on my PC with a emulator I turn on scanlines.