ID:1831998

Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have this problem where I try to play space station 13 but the game will not get pass the loading screen or play the advertisement. The game worked fine just yesterday!
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start BYOND
2. Login
3. join sever
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other games?
yes
In other user accounts?
yes
On other computers?
I only have one
Oh I should mention I have tried clearing my cache, updating flash, and I do have Internet explorer installed.
Have you tried joining on different servers? if that's what you mean by 'yes' in the "other games" field (or even moreso if you meant this is an issue you have across several games and not just SS13) then my bad.
Sorry I should have been more clearer, I have tried different severs and different games but the same problem happens.
Ah ok. Actually yeah i should have gotten that to be honest, stating yes for other games was enough, that was my fault, so no need to apologise :P. Anyway i don't have much to help you with here then unfortunately, but hopefully someone else will be able to pop by and help you out before too long :o.
I found the problem! I just needed to use windows update to update! Haha well I feel silly.
haha, good to know you solved your problem,what did you have to update exactly though? Also what version of windows do you use?
I am using windows 8.1 and the updates were
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2934520)
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2976978)
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3044374)
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3042085)
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3048778)
Thanks for this info. Hopefully it will help other users going forward. Windows 8.1 has been hellish on a lot of software.