ID:1832208

who else is in the area? just curious

sometimes you forget you live in one of the busiest places in the country and that it's likely other people live here
I was just in New York City yesterday for an hour. Drove to NYC at 4:00am from Gettysburg, took the ferry from Staten Island to whatever, walked around for 45 minutes, then took the ferry back and headed on home.

It was pretty okay for 45 minutes, I'm doing it again next week.
Western New York, around 20 minutes from Buffalo NY.
I think I'm roughly about 4-6 hours from NYC.
we should have a BYONDcon in NYC with me as the event organizer.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

i'll bring ramen
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Worst idea ever.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Worst idea ever.

what do you mean? everyone here is extremely social and organized. we're the #1 site in the world for housing productive, positive-thinking, and creative game developers.
In response to Nix
Nix wrote:
Xirre wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Worst idea ever.

what do you mean? everyone here is extremely social and organized. we're the #1 site in the world for housing productive, positive-thinking, and creative game developers.

Worst description ever.
All of a sudden everyone's being honest like me but aren't being called a troll for it hmm..
NYC? Lao confirmed.
In response to Bloo Thang
Bloo Thang wrote:
All of a sudden everyone's being honest like me but aren't being called a troll for it hmm..

You sound mad bro.
In response to Nix
Nix wrote:

I regret that the CMS has no way for me to like or +1 this response!
In response to Neonkyojin
Neonkyojin wrote:
NYC? Lao confirmed.

Lao lives in new jersey...
In response to Jukeyou
Laoconfirmed
Lived in NYC my whole life. Majority of the team is based around here/NJ
I have extremely mixed feelings about the suburbs, some of them including pity, but I can't really say much because they do have things that the city doesn't come close to, such as dust storms. (we get chemical spills that pollute the air on a bi-monthly basis)
But seriously, I couldn't imagine not living in the city, it's pretty great here. Boston is pretty cool too.
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:
Lived in NYC my whole life. Majority of the team is based around here/NJ
I have extremely mixed feelings about the suburbs, some of them including pity, but I can't really say much because they do have things that the city doesn't come close to, such as dust storms. (we get chemical spills that pollute the air on a bi-monthly basis)
But seriously, I couldn't imagine not living in the city, it's pretty great here. Boston is pretty cool too.

does this mean i get to go to spirit age's release party irl
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Western New York, around 20 minutes from Buffalo NY.
I think I'm roughly about 4-6 hours from NYC.

Probably closer to 8. Though if anyone actually had a mind to form a BYONDcon in New York, my vote's for an upstate locale anyway--for purely selfish reasons.
Oh yeah, I think Sleepy Hollow was a 6 hour drive, and from Sleepy Hollow NY to NYC it's maybe an hour depending on traffic.
It's settled then.

Everyone, please attend BYONDcon in NY in 2 days ( 4/20 ). Tickets are on sale now, see Eugene for details. Event will be held at the fabulous, world-renowned Glenwood Power Station. Make sure to charge your laptops to 100% as there will be no place to plug your electronics in. Feel free to set up booths and demo your newest creations. Just make sure to warn guests to watch their step as there are many gaping holes in the floors.

Hope to see you all there!
Page: 1 2