ID:1832613

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
To make it less a hassle allow hub owners and helpers to clear all scores with the press of a button please.
Bump, this is the only reason I don't use them.
This would be nice to have. Although it is possible to clear all scores in softcode using a for loop, it would be handy to have the server clear the database for you.
Neonkyojin wrote:
To make it less a hassle
+1
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
This would be nice to have. Although it is possible to clear all scores in softcode using a for loop, it would be handy to have the server clear the database for you.

This process is really flaky even on a 1Gbit connection..
+1
I have an idea. I don't know if the highscores list is handled using SQL, but I'd bet that it would be possible to handle the highscores using /database datums.
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
I have an idea. I don't know if the highscores list is handled using SQL, but I'd bet that it would be possible to handle the highscores using /database datums.

Huh? Highscores are set using an internal function inturn that does an API call to BYOND.com setting the details on the specific hub.
Why not just give the hub a button to reset all or some values or even modify them?
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Mr_Goober wrote:

Huh? Highscores are set using an internal function inturn that does an API call to BYOND.com setting the details on the specific hub.

Er. What I mean is that should a feature request be submitted, support for altering the scores could be made easy using a /database datum. Just throwing it out there as a suggestion mostly.
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Mr_Goober wrote:

Er. What I mean is that should a feature request be submitted, support for altering the scores could be made easy using a /database datum. Just throwing it out there as a suggestion mostly.

You already can using SetScores() and GetScores() the only issue is you can't mass update nor mass delete which is what's wanted here.

I think you're over thinking it as a whole and with the way BYOND is going "less social" you'll probably find that they may or may not be a function in the future.

Creating your own score type list is simple with world.Export and a webserver with PHP or any other language which accepts GET it's also not hard to secure this either, it's been done in the past.

Or use the MySQL library to push update/delete/insert commands to that and then display them on a web page.
I once spent the whole day clearing the hub scores using the export functions, that was fun but still only if there was an option to mass clear everything.
I guess this is the part where the administrators act like we don't need it.
In response to Neonkyojin
Actually this should probably be the part where people who have already voiced their opinion of/made the request stay silent for a bit and patiently await the first word from the staff before jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, as for me, following some checking around on the forums -because i thought this might already be doable softcode with minimal effort and in an efficient manner- and some thinking about it, it seems this is quite a worthwhile suggestion. To allow a full wipe to be possible from the website... seems feasbile :o.
In response to Turboskill
Turboskill wrote:
Actually this should probably be the part where people who have already voiced their opinion of/made the request stay silent for a bit and patiently await the first word from the staff before jumping to conclusions.
no its not

In response to Neonkyojin
Neonkyojin wrote:
Turboskill wrote:
rada rada!
rada.

Bump()

Yes we can.

I think it'd be a good idea to have a web-side feature to clear scores. My main concern is that I want to make sure that it's not easy for some random schmo to do if you leave your account logged in and they get at your computer.
In response to Lummox JR
That could delete a whole hub if they wanted if that would happen. :/ (I'm sure everyone's over protective here no matter how good or crappy their pc/laptop is.)

So...

But hey, you know at-least you're on the band wagon!
Page: 1 2