ID:1833468

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 42.0.2311.90
Applies to:507.1282_byondexe.zip Compiler

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
After I compile everything and install, when I try to run the game it outputs this msg "The program cant start because mfc120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and crashes.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Just use the latest 507.1282_byondexe.zip and make a stand alone, the game wont run.

Expected Results:
The game should run fine without the error msg.

Actual Results:
Displays "The program cant start because mfc120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and wont run.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime

When does the problem NOT occur?
Ues a old version and compile it with that.

Workarounds:
None as of yet
You need to set the working directory for the compiler.
Uh how would I go on about doing that? Cause im pretty sure I have it set properly.

http://files.byondhome.com/DarkerEmerald/1.jpg
http://files.byondhome.com/DarkerEmerald/2.jpg
I compiled with an older byondexe version and the game runs flawlessly with the same settings. But when I try the same settings with this latest compiler and install the game and run it, it still displays that msg and crashes.
Oh, shoot, I misinterpreted something here. I think the problem is that the DLLs aren't being included in the distribution. I'll look into that.
Yeah haha that's what I figure, I did take notice to a few new .dll so I figured they probably weren't being included during compile time. Look forward to a fix.
This is still not fixed btw, I just tried again with the latest one and still says the same "The program cant start because mfc120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." msg.
Does your bin dir under the byondexe install contain the right files? The new zip should have the correct files and it instructs the byondexe application to include those in the build. I tested this myself before release.
Also when you say latest, do you mean 1284? With the timing I would assume so, but if you got 1283 just before 1284 went up, then it wouldn't be right.
Doh! I found the issue. I'll reupload the byondexe zip shortly.
I updated the byondexe zip with a correction to the problem. Looks like something escaped checkin. Only byondexe.exe was affected.

Please let me know how this works out for you. I'm confident it fixes the issue, but it'd be good to have confirmation.
All right gimmie a moment.
Thats a no go its still displaying the same "The program cant start because mfc120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." msg.
Can you tell me what the last modified timestamp on byondexe.exe says? From the zip, if it doesn't match what you unzipped.

It should also be 150,016 bytes unpacked.
Modified: Today, May 04, 2015, 7:18:16 PM

Size: 146 KB (150,016 bytes)
Size on Disk: 148 KB (151,552 bytes)

Ive also PM'ed you my byondexe to show you what its actually doing. All you have to do is generate the installer.
Thanks for sending me your project. That was very helpful for figuring this out.

I found out the problem was mydream.exe; apparently it was never as self-sufficient as I thought and it's not happy being generated with the new compiler. I have a patch in place for the moment where it was built using the older compiler. The new zip has been uploaded, and I tested the mydream.exe from that with your project and found it worked.

Hopefully I can fix this properly before too long. I have a build that I think will be self-sufficient (haven't tried it yet) but it's much, much bigger--about 1.8 MB for what's basically a stub. However, I think the file may be using a lot of stuff we don't actually need, so I might be able to radically simplify it. Chances are a proper fix will go into 508. I'm gonna leave this open for now because I don't want to ignore this.
Yeah no problem and thanks for taking the time to look into it a bit more for me.
This is still broken and still gives me the same error missing mfc12.dll when I try to run the standalone.
It shouldn't be doing this in 507.1286, or 1285. I've tested that byondexe myself. Have you replaced the setup/bin files? The problem you're facing comes from having a version of mydream.exe that requires those files, but 1285 and 1286 were built using a VC6-built mydream.exe.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded the new one and just tried it. I just changed the byondini and cfg files and left everything else alone.
Page: 1 2 3