ID:1833666

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 31.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If your current mob's location is something other than a /turf and add a /mob verb to your verbs list, the available verbs and verb tabs will not update.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Set your mobs location to something other than a turf, then add or remove a verb from it and watch as so long as its not a global or client verb the change won't be reflected in the verb tabs until you're back on a turf.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
put yourself in an object then run the give oh no verb, then checkem verb, uh oh verb, then take away uhoh verb, then uh oh verb and checkem verb.

/mob/verb/ohno()
set category = "Mob"
set name = "give oh no"
if(!(/mob/proc/ohno2 in verbs))
verbs += /mob/proc/ohno2

/mob/proc/ohno2()
set category = "Mob"
set name = "take away uhoh verb"
verbs -= /mob/verb/uhoh

/mob/verb/uhoh()
set category = "Mob"
set name = "uh oh"
if(/mob/verb/uhoh in verbs)
usr << "Uh oh you have the verb still"
else
usr << "You dont have it, how are you using this."

/mob/verb/checkem()
set category = "Mob"
set name = "check em"
usr << "You [!(/mob/verb/ohno in verbs) ? "\red don't" : "\green do"] have /mob/verb/ohno in your verbs."
usr << "You [!(/mob/proc/ohno2 in verbs) ? "\red don't" : "\green do"] have /mob/proc/ohno2 in your verbs."
usr << "You [!(/mob/verb/uhoh in verbs) ? "\red don't" : "\green do"] have /mob/proc/uhoh in your verbs."

Expected Results:
verb list updates regardless of location
Actual Results:
verb list doesn't update until your location is a turf

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
every time
In other games?
yes
In other user accounts?
yes
On other computers?
yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When your location is /turf, or if the verb is global or derived from the client.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
unknown
Workarounds:
unknown
Anyway this could get looked at?
I've made a note to look at it at some point, though it's pretty far down on my priority list at the moment.
RIP but thanks for the acknowledgment at least.
In response to Pomf123
When are you trying to do this? There might be another way to do what you want.
poke
I haven't had a chance to get to this yet. Truth be told I don't expect to look at this until I'm on the 509 track because I have too many items still demanding to get done sooner. It's still on my list. (And yes, it's an actual list, not just a mental checklist.)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I haven't had a chance to get to this yet. Truth be told I don't expect to look at this until I'm on the 509 track because I have too many items still demanding to get done sooner. It's still on my list. (And yes, it's an actual list, not just a mental checklist.)

Given that you seem overwhelmed what would be the possibility of allowing a few people access to the source for bugfixing/approved feature additions upon agreeing to and signing an NDA?
In response to Pomf123
Pomf123 wrote:
Given that you seem overwhelmed what would be the possibility of allowing a few people access to the source for bugfixing/approved feature additions upon agreeing to and signing an NDA?

Trust me, that wouldn't work. By the time anyone understood what they were looking at, I'd already be in a position to deal with it. The source is huge, and not something that you can just pick up. If the fix were trivial I'd already have dealt with it, but verb availability issues are quite thorny.
well, ya, there would be turnover time, but that only has to happen once per person.
Just hit this bug on 512.1488 - it's still around.