ID:1834274

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 42.0.2311.90
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Not all clicks (and mousedrops, etc) are registered correctly. Instead, they require a doubleclick to work. DblClick is not defined.

It only seems to affect Dreamseeker, and works correctly in the web client.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start a game, either in dreamseeker or dreamdaemon.
2. Click around until you notice one fail to register.
3. Doubleclick to make them register correctly.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Empty project with a map, and:
/client/Click(atom/A)
world << "[A.x],[A.y]"

Expected Results:
Clicking anywhere on the map sends the coordinates to the output window.

Actual Results:
Clicking left to right, starting from the top left tile in a 4x4 map:
(it is only working for the left two columns)

Output seems to be independent of the location of the mob. Maybe related to the mob's view? Beats me.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Almost constantly, except one single time I played on the Hippiestation SS13 server.
In other games?
SS13, my own game, the simplest possible test case.
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
I've heard this casually reported by others too, so apparently.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It seems to register correctly 100% of the time on screen objects in the client's var/screen.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It has been happening for a while, definitely since 506, and I'd guess around since 500. I haven't done anything with Byond for a while, but I recall it happening before my hiatus.

Workarounds:
Double clicking makes the click register correctly, works in SS13, my own game, and the test project.
Since I skimmed over it, this seems to affect mousedrops, and presumably other clicking interactions too, in a similar way.
For games which rely on mousedrop for some interactions this makes them very difficult to play, as you have to click drag repeatedly as fast as you can to make it register.

Precise version I'm using at the moment, though this applies to earlier versions too, is 507.1276
can confirm. this issue seems to either occur less in projects with lower fps, or more frequently in projects that use a second map. it's inconsistent, though- in the projects i've seen this happen, it's usually only the title screen/menu that fails to register clicks
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I wasn't able to see this in action in a test project. If you have a test project that shows the issue, please send it on over and I'll take a look.
i noticed the issue first in Kumorii's game Skirmish. I think he released the source recently.

steps to reproduce:
-enter Skirmish
-try clicking on the weapons to select one
-takes more than one click, but only sometimes