ID:1835466

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 42.0.2311.90
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
While playing SS13, the viewport will freeze for about half a second to a second regularily and messages typed in the chat bar appear to not be transmitted until this freeze is over (New text from players talking kept appearing, but my own messages didnt appear until a bit later)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
No idea.

Expected Results:
BYOND being as smooth as it gets.

Actual Results:
stuttering

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? It happens constantly.
In other games? I don't know.
In other user accounts? I don't know.
On other computers? I don't know.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Alwayas seems to occur to me.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I just updated my BYOND from a few months old 506 version, wherein it also occured. The issue started occuring a week or so ago, without me updating BYOND. Updating BYOND did not fix it. Clearing my cache did not fix it.

Workarounds:
None that I know of.

I believe I have same issue.
There's an old bug report on this somewhere, but I never had any solid info to reproduce it. If you can come up with a simple test case to reproduce the issue, that would be extremely helpful.
I think it only happends with servers over 50+ People
So there is no way of reproducing it unless you play those High populated Servers
Well if it's not a lag issue, if it's something where DS is having trouble with the control, the number of people is irrelevant. It's only a matter of what kind of text is output, how often, and what you're doing to interact with the output control.