ID:1836321

(See the best response by Jakerno.)
Installed BYOND today. Made an account.

When I attempt to login, I get stuck on "validating account..." forever. Logging in as Guest works fine.

Version is 507.1283. However, the client tells me that a "new" version, 506.1250, is available, and that I should update.

The game I'm trying to play, Space Station 13, doesn't show up in the sidebar either.

As far as I can tell it's not a firewall issue.

How do I fix this?
Best response
Exact same problem here, except I had byond already installed, and reinstalled it when it wouldn't let me log in or join any games. The basic response you'll get is to check your firewall, reset your router, and make sure you're running byond as an admin. Weird stuff though, it just decided to stop working out of the blue. Makes me wonder if Comcast has blocked access to the hub or what.
Are you guys running on windows 8?
Nope. Windows 7 64 bit
I would definitely try running tracert to hub.byond.com to see what's going on there. Also, take a look at your firewall and antivirus to make sure they're not blocking you. A lot of firewall software lets you create exceptions for certain programs, but might be checking that program's signature or hash. If that's the case, you have to turn off any signature/hash checking for any program in the BYOND suite.

You should also be able to login on the pager via a temporary ID found in links on the site. If you go to SS13's hub page and hit the play link for the server you want, it should tell the pager to login with your account. If that, too, fails to validate, it would definitely suggest you're having trouble reaching the hub.
Looks like I can't connect to hub. How do you turn off signature/hash checking?
It should be specific to whatever antivirus or firewall is blocking you. If you're just checking the tracert and that shows a problem, then I think the issue is actually with your ISP.