In response to DarkCampainger
Why don't you ban fast food while you're at it? Fast food kills even more people than smoking, and it takes away my freedom of not having to look at fat people!

I don't like smoking in restauraunts either, but you have to think about how business works; when there is a demand for something, businesses meet that demand. Currently, there is a high demand for smoke-free businesses. That's great, that gives everybody a smoke free environment to go to to eat.

When you place that ban on EVERYBODY, though, you're no better than the smokers who like to blow cigar smoke in your face in restaurants.

Whatever happened to allowing everybody to be happy?

Consider it another incentive to quit.

There is the proof that you people just don't want smokers to have their right to smoke, even when it doesn't hurt you. Ignorance.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
Why don't you ban fast food while you're at it? Fast food kills even more people than smoking, and it takes away my freedom of not having to look at fat people!

Baring psychological issues, looking at fat people won't hurt you. And I'd love to see some statistics showing that "Fast food kills even more people than smoking"

I don't like smoking in restauraunts either, but you have to think about how business works; when there is a demand for something, businesses meet that demand. Currently, there is a high demand for smoke-free businesses. That's great, that gives everybody a smoke free environment to go to to eat.

When you place that ban on EVERYBODY, though, you're no better than the smokers who like to blow cigar smoke in your face in restaurants.

Except that it won't shorten your life, only expand it. Anyways, it had to be placed on everyone, or no one. You claim to know how business works, but you seem to have forgotten a key point: if one business switches to non-smoking, they lose the business of the smokers (who go somewhere else). If all businesses switch, there's no where else for them to go, no one loses business. Otherwise none of the restaurants would risk losing profit by switching alone, unless they push the "family restaurant" angle.

Whatever happened to allowing everybody to be happy?

Indeed.

Consider it another incentive to quit.

There is the proof that you people just don't want smokers to have their right to smoke, even when it doesn't hurt you. Ignorance.

Oh sweet, sweet irony.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but smoking is one the few things I have an opinion on.
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
* I like the controllability - short buzzes when smoked softly, strong high when smoked heavily.

You are not getting high off of the cigaratte. You are just getting a little light-headed. People sound stupid when they say a cigeratte got them high. You will stop getting light-headed within a few weeks.

Kujila wrote:
It really is cool to smoke (to a lot of people).

Smoking does not look cool to anybody. The person thinks it looks cool in their own mind. I used to smoke a lot, but I recently quit due to my grandma dieing of lung cancer. Also, I had a hard time working out and running, I would start weezing and crap. Also, if you smoke because you think it looks cool...well...all I have to say is I feel bad for you. If you see a kid smoking outside on a sidewalk or whatever do you look at him and in your mind say "wow! look at him! he looks so cool! wow!" No, you don't. You just glance at him and that's it. If you do say that though, then I don't feel bad for you, because that is just pretty much as pathetic as you can get.
In response to Kunark

It doesnt hurt you eh?People that have breathed 2nd hand smoke get lung cancer.Smokers to me are considered killers.Think of it this way if 10 people in a bar smoked and the bartender breathed it in he will have a good chance of getting cancer after you guys smoke for a day or more.So it does hurt people but you guys just dont get it right?
In response to Kupo Winters
You people disgust me with your foolish stereotypes. Actually make your own opinions about something through research.

Obviously 99.9% of the US works as bartenders.
In response to Kunark
Not all bars allow smoking.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
* I can smoke them in public, before, during, and after work, and nobody can do a darn thing because they're legal

I know even a few states have taken similar measures. They are trying to eventually score prohibition; they won't stop at severely limiting your personal rights, they want to outright destroy them.

Yes, we wouldn't want to limit the financial burden that smokers place on the health care system because smokers account for a fair number of cancers and cause side effects in the people around them, including pneumonia (I'm a poster child of this, if you were wondering... damned lucky I didn't die). Because limiting strain on a health care system would make sense. We wouldn't want that!

Suicide is illegal, but slow suicide isn't. What a world.
In response to Jtgibson
And billions of freaking people on the planet is a good thing?

jesus christ, at least let the people who want or dont care if they die expire.

And I don't give a rats ass about the health care system. How about this: You smoke? No cancer treatment for you. Problem solved.

including pneumonia (I'm a poster child of this, if you were wondering... damned lucky I didn't die).

You know what else causes pneumonia? Everything. It sucks you got pneumonia, but seriously, are you really that positive it was from second hand smoke? I have NEVER seen light second hand smoke harm anybody, and if you put yourself in a situation where there is heavy smoke, then that is your own fault. I have only heard vague references about it on TV because they don't have a shred of evidence.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic. This is one of those things you can't argue with people about. All we ask for is for you not to be hypocritical and trash our rights as smokers when we aren't trashing yours (contrary to what you think, most smokers think it's disgusting to do it around people who want to remain smoke free or children. I have never met one who thought otherwise.), but that's too much to ask because you're all victims of propoganda.

I used to be just like this, and it's why I fight it so much. Hatred is not a good thing.
In response to Kujila
You sound like a 12 year old. I like to smoke because it makes me look COOL. Mommy, can you make me a pack lunch while I smoke? Pwease?

Aside from everything you own smelling like crap, your lung tissue gradually getting diseased so you die a long, and extremely painful death, and the thousands of dollars you'll spend in your life on something that kills, it's just stupid.
In response to Kujila

* It really is cool to smoke (to a lot of people).

Ok tell me why killing your self is cool?Your pathetic.
My pathetic? What's a pathetic?

~Kujila
In response to Cavern
Cavern wrote:

Smoking does not look cool to anybody.

No it really is with half of the "cliques" at my workplace.

~Kujila
In response to Tiko
Well I removed the "It looks cool" from my Pro/Con list because it was being... well...

You get the idea.

Aside from that, the physical and mental "highs" or buzzes you get from cigarettes are my main turn on...

Plus I mean, these things can keep me awake for hours! Very very handy at work indeed!

~Kujila
I suppose the bartender should possibly ban smoking in his establishment then.

~Kujila
In response to Kunark

~Kujila
Smoking is a repulsive habit and should be banned everywhere and completely.
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
Plus I mean, these things can keep me awake for hours! Very very handy at work indeed!

~Kujila

So can coffee. And caffinated gum. And Starbucks
In response to Dead_Demon
Well a 12 pack is in my daily diet already, so coffee truthfully doesn't do too much for me.

I suppose if I started smoking a pack a day I would be in the same situation.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
You're sooo screwed already.
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
Well a 12 pack is in my daily diet already, so coffee truthfully doesn't do too much for me.

I suppose if I started smoking a pack a day I would be in the same situation.

~Kujila

I would say, "nice knowing ya", but I don't know you.

Sooo

Nice reading your posts?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5