In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
Vista isn't really that bad, so stop saying it sucks until you have used it for a week or two. It is an improvement over XP but unless you want to play DX 10 games, don't bother with it.

Most of us who have spoken out against Vista have had it installed on several machines or are forced to use it because of other peoples stupidity.

The embedded DRM doesent even do anything. I can rip music pirate any software or media and it doesn't give me a problem. It does use more memory than XP but the aero is pretty nice. So until you have tries it more than 15 minutes, please shut it.

Uh... Pirated software and media doesn't HAVE DRM. Do you even know how it works? I can assure you that the DRM protection in Windows Vista works just fine, and is a royal pain in the ass for anyone who has LEGITIMATE copies of audio/visual content protected by DRM.

In response to Revenant Jesus
lol (I laughed so loud it deserves a post)
my apple 2 boots in under 10 seconds
In response to PirateHead
I agree. A good discussion never hurt anybody (lie). I do agree people are being a bit too biased in some of these posts are are getting a bit arogant. For the recored, I have had experiance in both and support windows much more. Here are MY points:

1. Windows is just flat-out better to use (interface wise)

2. Windows is constantly inproving and will until it gets ahead of Linux as an OS and still have a much better interface (why? Because Bill Gates wants money! Thats how any good thing comes along anymore)

3. Windows has almost become the standard in computers (like Windex in window cleaners... even if it isnt a windex, thats what you call it) so knowing how to use a windows is a must to do things in buinesses and schools.

4. Games and programs are being made more for Windows than for Linux. (Have you gone to a store and seen a game exclusive to Linux? I havent)

5. The point that Linux is more stable because less people use it is a very good point. Who would make a virus attack Linuxs? That's a waste of time unless your attacking a specific Linux server.

6. Linux is the majority of servers... but there are more and more people with windows servers now. In a few years, Linux will likely be the minority. Windows is catching up people! Stop living 10 years ago when Linux was much better as an OS and windows was for easy goers!

.... 10 bucks says a bunch of people will try to question and correct me and my wonderful points!

In response to Jp
I'm going to once again bring up this point that has been brought up earlier... if you were a virus programmer and you wanted to do damage, what system would you make it attack? Dont tell me Linux because you know you would attack the system with a whole lot of users. If Linux and Windows swapped the amount of users they had, the discussion would be like this:

Bill: Dude dont buy Linux Gold 2007 that just came out!

Joe: Why?

Bill: Because it keeps crashing! I think it's a crappy OS!

Joe: Well it did just come out and hasnt been massed
tested...

Bill: What? Oh whatever, I'm going to ignore you because my inner windows fanboy told me to.... anyway, the majority of servers run on windows now and the small amount of Linux servers get more viruses and stuff (maybe throw some numbers around that are likely made up)

Joe: Well because there are so many people people using linux, people make virus for them.

Bill: What? I'm going to ignore you again...

see, probably the same conversion with different names...
In response to Carved in Shadows
Just a FYI Bill Gates is not going to be running Microsoft all that much longer. He is supposed to be retiring. Microsoft has also stated that they are going to be focusing much more on video games then anything else in the years to come.
Oh don't be ridiculous.

Remember, majority of webservers are linux, the majority of cracked webservers are windows.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
I have tried it more than 15 minutes, then it crashed on me twice between those 15 minutes.
Seems like you have a little bit of hate towards linux users eh? :(

That reminds me of my old PC. It wouldn't start up within 8 minutes, and I had to wait for the PC to warm up to be able to play games successfully (4~7 hours wait) and even then it crashed.

Which sucked, because 99% of what I do is gaming.
oh yeah, I heard about that... He'll leave it to a good person to run microsoft though (he's smart like that)
In response to Jp
...the majority of people trying to crack things are aiming at windows
Yes, of course. Because windows is easier.

You're mixing up cause and effect.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8