Final Resurrection: Redemption

by Toddab503
Final Resurrection: Redemption
Do you have what it takes to achieve the Final Resurrection?
ID:1838838

So with real life growing unexpectedly busy, and consuming much of my time lately progress is unfortunately not as extensive as I'd hoped to show off by now. Even so, this has not stopped progress completely, and it has left plenty of time to think through a large number of decisions and features. So with that being said, this post will provide more information than it does previews and content.

First off, plots! Yeah, if you've played the game before you know it had no plot. No story. No real quests, really. Just tasks pretty much. Kill this, find that, with virtually no explanation why or story line behind it. That will not be the case now, a plot for the story line is already in development, and multiple sub plots may be developed. Though the games name was chosen for different reasons, the main story line will finally suit its name, and revolve around the theme of resurrection.

Next up, races! It's time for the big reveal. Anyone who has played the game before will recognize the races names, and perhaps their general theme, but in an effort to offer more unique game-play between races and distance the game further from DBZ much has changed about the races. I'll show a small preview image below, then list each race by name from left to right. I'll also include a little bit of information about the race with its name.

Human
Most of the societies within the game are made up of Humans, but despite their numbers they are not the strongest. Humans excel in strength, but their endurance is only average, and they are not very skilled at working with energy. Their natural trait is being highly skilled with technology, allowing them to work with certain technological objects that other races cannot.

Midorian
Once residing only within the sea, Midorians are an evolved form of an unknown breed of fish. They have a very balanced range of statistics, and incredible restorative capabilities, but they suffer the weakness of being unable to transform. Their natural trait allows them to expel and move freely through forms and volumes of water that other races cannot do well.

Akunan
Thankfully the race with the lowest count within society, Akunan are a sort of parasitic race that excel in endurance, have average skill with energy, but suffer from low strength. Great caution should be exercised with Akunans as their natural ability allows them to drain other living organisms through nothing more than the slightest touch which aids them in bypassing certain obstacles other races cannot.

Acidus
A race known for its incredible ability to transform well above and beyond any other race. Though their transformations are powerful, they are also very strenuous, and cannot be maintained for very long leaving the Acidus very vulnerable if they are not careful because their natural statistics are much lower than other races. Their natural trait allows them to temporarily harden their bodies to shield them selves and get past dangerous hurdles other races could not possibly endure.

Demon
A brutal race known for its high offensive power. Demons excel in both strength, and offensive energy, but they have low endurance and defensive energy capabilities. Their natural trait allows them to endure and expel unnaturally high levels of heat which lets them pass through areas other races cannot physically endure.

Now then with those out of the way it's finally time for skills! Skills within the game will actually mostly be player generated. Players will be able to find, and use various data chips to generate skills of every type ranging through physical, projectile blasts, beams, and even supportive like buffs and debuffs. Players will first choose a chip to determine the type between the above, then three additional chips can be selected to determine the skills level of power, speed of movement, whether it is homing or not, whether it can inflict status effects, etc.

In the case of blasts and beams, the skills speed and power will actually alter the size of the blasts and beams, and how quickly they travel as well. Other skill types will see more of an impact in damage or healing power, charge time, and cool downs. Additionally, players can select one or two words from a preset list to name their skill, and even more options may be added later.

Only about half of this is implemented so far, but if you look back in the GUI preview within my last post you'll already notice the area of GUI dedicated to this feature. Since then, an action bar has also been added to allow skills to be set to 1-8 and used by clicking on them or pressing those keys. That action bar is entirely implemented and the foundation for some skill types is complete, so hopefully more about skills can actually be demonstrated visually in a preview within my next post!

Okay I think that about wraps up this progress news update. Some other progress has been made in mapping, graphics, and such but none of it is currently far enough along to show off so thanks for reading, and I'll post again as soon as enough progress is made.
Cant wait for the new game, Its nothing like the common DBZ games on byond that all share the same ions this game seems to be very custom and much more fun i played the first one and loved it, its sad to see that there isn't a race like saiyan anymore in the game but at least it looks much more better and has a lot going for it, cant wait for its release keep up the good work buddy.
In response to Darkith12
Glad to see you're interested, and always happy to hear from an old fan. Well actually I already had a couple people approach me about that, and my response is that I may be redesigning and adding in the subscriber only race known as Sagishi which can fill the void left by Saiyans. They won't be nearly identical to the ones from DBZ, but the ones in the original game never were in anything beyond appearance, so it's easy enough to do.

I don't expect to add any other races except that one down the road, but I am willing to consider up to two more someday when the games more complete and stable. They would just have to be very unique, balanced, and worth adding.

I'm definitely aiming for a much more immersive, enjoyable, long term experience so lets hope this redesign leads to exactly that. I'll try to include a lot more in my next update post.