ID:184018

I "Hacked" The Byond Hub, where you post your games information, icon, banner, ECT. I just took some tables and their own css (cascading style sheet) and then put it on top of their pre-existing menu. I didn't cover anything up, just added more ...

as you can see, I just added the information category. I am having trouble with making the shadow appear because of BYOND's hidden image system. The white square is there on purpose because if you saw wat was under it, you would know the not-yet-released game.

This game will be out soon. I am really proud right now so I am willing to help out ppl to show my awsomeness :P ... For cool BYOND hub systems (not as cool as mine cause u dont get that 1) visit my site (not an advertisement) cause i can help u
...Yeah, that's not gonna fly. You'd better change that, and we'll be closing that loophole shortly. I'll leave your hub entry intact for now so you have time to fix it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
:( ok sry then ... u might as well cancel this thread then ...
In response to Devin148
Told you.
Nice. Now the class and style attributes have been disabled for all hubs, including those that only used them for visual style rather than positioning to spoof official BYOND elements. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about that.
In response to Mike H
*cuts wrists* ok i promise i aint gonna do it again and i already took it off ... just let the other things back up because I dont want other byond ppl to syffer for my mistake. Besides i was stupud and have no backup of the code. PLEASE PUT UP FOR OTHERS!
In response to Devin148
i am REALLY sorry about the loophole i fooled around with. Its not like I knew it was that big of a deal. Besides, most people don't even know how to make that work.

Because of my stupid mistake all BYOND people have to suffer! Styles and <div> things like that have been disabled. The people who do use this are cool and creative with it and don't deserve this.

It is like when Naruto Revolution had a blueish hub, and then it's code was disabled. Then, not many (if any) people used that code besides Naruto Revolution, so it wasn't a big deal. Now it is. I don't want the BYOND community to suffer for my mistake!

Just punish me somehow to stop me from doing it again, even thought I wouldn't anyway. Leave the community alone pretty please with sugar on top.
In response to Devin148
It has nothing to do with punishing you. It is a flaw in the system that must be fixed. Although you shouldn't have publicly announced it, you needed to point that flaw out to the staff. I doubt CSS support will be gone forever, just long enough for Deadron/Mike H to figure out a solution.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
I doubt CSS support will be gone forever

I don't. You'd need to remove the positioning ability of CSS without affecting its formatting ability. That's not a trivial problem. You'd have to write an entire CSS parser.

Guess we'll have to stick to the old-fashioned (HTML 3.2) way of applying formatting...
In response to Crispy
Only problem with HTML 3.2 is that it is missing a lot features that are nice about CSS. I suppose that is the problem with user generated content, users are mostly stupid or evil, perhaps both. I think that published entries should be allowed CSS support. Call it a reward for having a game worth showing to the public.