ID:1840724

Redundant
Applies to:Website

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
It's time guys, for a new website design. Maybe some Bootstrap or may personal favorite, Google's Material Design. With the new webclient, which will bring in new players that couldn't play before due to hardware restrictions, I highly suggest an full website overhaul.

You could even open source it on Github and host it for free on Github pages, all games will be loaded through Iframe, as they are now.

Just a thought.
The webclient is intended to take games further from the BYOND website, not get people playing on it more. It'll make it so countless people can, and likely will play on other websites and such so how the BYOND site looks won't matter much to the webclient. That takes a lot of work away from the BYOND developers.

An overhaul would be a huge, very time consuming endeavor that would simply take away from the time they have to spend on the software and webclient; which are what is truly important.

A fancy new website would be great, sure, but it won't help BYOND pay the bills anytime soon and it isn't worth that time sacrifice at this time in my opinion. I think people would be better off checking out various existing sites full of games, as well as making their own websites.
Why would the website need to be redesigned...again?
Nadrew resolved issue (Redundant)
In response to Super Saiyan X
Gee I wonder.
We actually just went through a minor redesign, and even that was a huge time suck. A major one is not in the cards for the near future.