ID:184109

I have been traking what people think constantly, and just shut down the polls. Every time i checked it, more people hated it that liked it. Most times the NOs were pretty far inforn of the YESs, but now and again it was close. Take a look:
(yes means liked, no means didn't like)

yes = 11
no = 19
12/23/06 11:46 PM

yes = 18
no = 24
12/24/06 10:29 AM

yes = 19
no = 28
12/24/06 4:30 PM

yes = 33
no = 37
12/24/06 9:07 PM

yes = 37
no = 48
12/25/06 8:48 AM

yes = 47
no = 58
12/25/06 10:51 PM

yes = 50
no = 65
12/26/06 10:25 AM

yes = 53
no = 69
12/26/06 4:22 PM

yes = 65
no = 81
12/27/06 12:43 PM

***(final time)***
yes = 76
no = 92
12/28/06 3:35 PM

as you can see there is a clear NO victory. All these results are real. The times are USA Eastern.
It's official.
Devin148 wrote:
I have been traking what people think constantly, and just shut down the polls. Every time i checked it, more people hated it that liked it. Most times the NOs were pretty far inforn of the YESs, but now and again it was close.

The people who didn't like the page are invited to respond to [link]...
Meh, I still kinda like it; its okay. Sure I have one morep age to go through but it makes it MUCH easier for simple-minded people..Didn't they also say something about making a more developer friendly page? That could possibly help cut down on rips maybe..0_0
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
no matter what there will be hundreds of rips, so dont bother with those. Yes, i agree it is more friendly to newcomers, but I dont think to deveolpers.

Its ok if you like it, but the majority doesnt. I dont want to make this thred into a debate of wether its good or not, just what the facts r.
In response to Devin148
The facts are who cares? It doesn't matter if old members don't like it. It is easy and slow welcoming to new comers.

Also, how many of them are once only voters and what percentage of the BYOND user base do the total amount of single votes add up too?
In response to Devin148
Why does it matter about what the new page looks like anyways? All you have to do is press Play Games and you are done. What is so hard about that? I mean come on, so many people are complaining on the looks, let the BYOND developers do what they want. They do BYOND out of their free time so give them some respect.
In response to Smoko
i dont care what other ppl think, i dont care if u dont think my poll matters, I dont care if 168 voters isnt enough for u. I am just here to tell ppl what my poll said, if u dont like that then dont post.
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
Why does it matter about what the new page looks like anyways? All you have to do is press Play Games and you are done. What is so hard about that? I mean come on, so many people are complaining on the looks, let the BYOND developers do what they want. They do BYOND out of their free time so give them some respect.

I appreciate the sentiment, but our work is all about making the system successful -- so if people have suggestions, we do listen to them. In fact, I'd love to get more input on what to do with new Developer pages...
In response to Devin148
I'm just saying that 168 people isn't really enough people that don't like it for the staff too consider a redo. Heck, there are 2507 players online at the time of posting and that wouldn't even be 50% of the registered users.
The poll results are suspect overall because they're limited to people who 1) knew about the poll, 2) cared, 3) felt it was legitimate to host the poll on the hub, and 4) had a definite opinion. While people's opinions are valued, you can't realistically say that you got a valid sample of them. Statistically speaking, this is inconclusive. It's also inconclusive just based on the numbers alone, since the spread falls within the margin of error (about 7.5%).

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I'm with Lummox here. I've gotten more accurate results from a "Which Member Of The Beach Boys Are You?" quiz.
In response to Smoko
ya no i agree, but i was too stupid to put in a record keeping system and i needed to restart my computer, SOOOOO i stopped it then

and i didnt wanna put in a 75% yes and 25% no type of thing because then the results would be too unclear. If you have a more distributed poll then it is harder to get a sraight awnser, where here i got i

Finally, most of you are saying that it just wasnt backed up enough with too few ppl and not many ppl caring to vote, and I agree, but i still felt like at least showing what I got in my reaserch so ppl who care (like Deadron) whould at least know that SOMETHING needs to be changed
In response to Devin148
Devin148 wrote:
Finally, most of you are saying that it just wasnt backed up enough with too few ppl and not many ppl caring to vote, and I agree, but i still felt like at least showing what I got in my reaserch so ppl who care (like Deadron) whould at least know that SOMETHING needs to be changed

Your study is flawed because you are sampling existing BYOND users. The purpose of the page is to provide an introduction to non-BYOND users who are contemplating downloading the software. The old page was pretty confusing, because the first thing a new user saw was a listing of games that did nothing when further explored (if I were a newbie, I would have assumed these were web games). Regardless of how you feel over the professionalism of the new page, it at least provides a pretty straightforward summary of what BYOND is.

We will work to improve the layout and content over time. For now, just bookmark games.byond.com and you'll never have to look at this page again.
In response to Tom
wow ya no wat, i never looked at it that way, and you are completly right. I say we just stop talking in this thread cause u kinda finished it.
In response to Devin148
I actually like it better.
In response to Devin148
Devin148 wrote:
wow ya no wat, i never looked at it that way

Why didn't you look at my blog?