ID:1841458

Code:

Problem description: Any easy way or tricks to form edges? and make the world look a lot better by not being as squary

Just about any code generated method I've seen still looks pretty square, which is what most people call the easy way in my opinion. What I usually do if I need something speedy is I'll make one tileset of edges, make sure they really destroy the grid to eliminate the square look, and finally wrap it up by filling in copies of that tileset with other sets main tile.

Usually gets the job done within an hour or so tops, depending on how many tilesets need their own copy. It's not the prettiest, but it'll work well until you want to put more time in.
Seems like this is more of an art question.
In response to Lummox JR
i was hoping there was a coding trick haha or a library or something that could do this automated
Would your question be different to asking about the kinda of thing facilitated by auto-tiling/joining(first 'page' amount of results) code solutions?

Or i guess you're more referring to the difference between (warning: really rough and crude example below) something like:
?
Well autojoining you could certainly handle through code. But pixel art is another animal. You can do some things through code on an automated basis, but IMO you're unlikely to get something perfect unless you hand-draw it, which comes with its own drawbacks.

I think the easiest thing to do for a little more organic look would be to use multiple tilesets, which are very similar to each other at the seams but differ toward the interior of the tile, and use them randomly. If you replace 47-state autojoining with 161-state, you also can handle corners/diagonals in a much nicer way.
Here's a crude example of what you can do with 161-state joins. All four of these tiles are filled except for the top right, which is empty. The tile in the bottom left is an inside corner, the kind you'd see in 47-state joining. The ones to either side would be straight edges in a typical 47-state join.

##.. ....
##.. ....
##.. ....
###. ....

###. ....
#### #...
#### ####
#### ####

In 161-state, these straight edges also include info that says the tile in a diagonal direction is filled, so instead of being strictly straight, they anticipate the corner. The upshot is that you can spread out curves along a wider radius, or handle diagonals nicely.

In an aborted project I was using 161-state joining for guardrails along an elevated turf.
<Author deleted content. Reason: Unnecessary space taker>
In response to Turboskill
Apparently his link went dead. I'll delist it for now since it's a dead entry.
Oh, i thought byondhome.com (or member files) links didn't die... then again nvm, i haven't used them myself so i wouldn't know how that stuff all works. I guess mostly i was just wondering what soundcloud had to do with it all.

Anyway should i delete that post then since there is nothing special about it? -and since there aren't alternative ways to download those kind of files, which was what i was hoping for.
In response to Turboskill
His link wasn't actually hosted on byondhome.com. Links of that format download the hub entry's zip via a proxy.
Ah, ok then.