ID:184153

Wow I have been on byond for awhile and i remember the good ol days when 800 people playing BYOND was a lot and now look at it 2500+ its amazing this just goes to show you a little hard work and patients and a good program can go a long way.
Smokymcpot wrote:
Wow I have been on byond for awhile and i remember the good ol days when 800 people playing BYOND was a lot and now look at it 2500+ its amazing this just goes to show you a little hard work and patients and a good program can go a long way.

Back in the "days before time" (or, at least, before BYOND Time existed), it was basically a handful of game creators on the forums and creating games for each others, with no players around.

I remember when we were hanging around in a game lobby, and we were all completely shocked when someone we didn't know logged into the game. Holy crap!
For me, the "good old days" would have to be when my horrible little game Raegon was in its primetime, having a constant of 40 whole players online at once. Having these unknown people coming onto this game of mine I created and complimenting me on a fun game made me feel like king of the world.

Even today I get pages from random people telling me my game is good (although I can't see why they'd say that), and it just warms my heart a little to think that someone actually enjoys what I've made.

That's part of the awesomeness of BYOND. Even when I was that young and dumb(~3 years ago <_<), I could create something people enjoyed. It had always been my dream to be able to create a video game, and it had already come true here.

Ever since then, even though I rarely make myself seen, I visit BYOND daily just to see what's new and relive old memories.

Good times...
Hey man, what's going on? I remember you!
In response to Deadron
Man I still remember the day i tried using dream maker i didn't know what it was and i just typed in random stuff.
And now i program and now and attending college for actual game design and programming.
Smokymcpot wrote:
a little hard work and patients

yup, that's what makes a successful doctor!
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:

Is your shift button broken? You should probably get that fixed.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
digitalmouse wrote:

Is your shift button broken? You should probably get that fixed.

my Shift button works fine. perhaps your sense of humor should get fixed?
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:

My sense of humour works fine. Perhaps your sense of sarcasm should get fixed? :p
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
digitalmouse wrote:

My sense of humour works fine. Perhaps you sense of sarcasm should get fixed? :p

Maybe your senses need work...