ID:1842138

Resolved
Some icons could be drawn more than once, and screen objects did not appear correctly when out of map bounds.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 37.0
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
My game has an area that overtakes a whole z coordinate, this area is loaded an icon (that has its own transparency forged in the dmi editor) that shows a particular shade of night time.

The problem is, you only see atleast half the screen's view of this icon as there's a horizontal cut off about half way down the screen showing half dark (on top) and half light (on bottom). I don't manipulate transparencies in the programming for this effect as the icon itself has its transparency set in the dmi editor.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Create a map with basic turfs.
2) Create an area with an icon with a moderately transparent color.
3) Fill area through out a whole map z (my map is 200x200).
4) Run this world and log in via webclient.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
What's expected is you would see half of the graphic on the top half of your game screen view and no graphic on the bottom half of your screen view.
Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) This worked in version 506.

Workarounds:

Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Some icons could be drawn more than once, and screen objects did not appear correctly when out of map bounds.