ID:1842361

Hello. I've been looking at the forums and watching it progress along with the BYOND community for about two months now. I'd thought I'd add myself to the mix, per say. Anywho, my key is WorldWideDuelist and I've been a member of BYOND for about 2 years now. I've had past keys, but can't for the life of me remember them. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I, like most BYOND members, am working on a project with a really great friend of mine. It's a Duel Monster's game that gets updated everyday. But once again, that's not why I made this thread.

Why I made this thread is to tell you guys how much you all made me look at life in a different perspective. I see all the fun you guys have on the forums. Whether it be coding tutorials or just plain jokes, I always learn or get a good laugh out of you guys. So yeah, I just wanted to get that across.
*sheds a manly tear*
Pfft, 8 years. I joined in 2005. #DecadeStatus.

Get on my level, plebs.
Friendly fun on the forums?
Yeah, he has been here more than 2 years afterall, i.e. before the year and a bit within which -at least as far as i've noticed- there's been the increase of people trying real hard to be some kind of 'characters' on byond, those guys acting up for the sake of it and making the fun a little less obvious amongst the unnecessary 'drama' ...that's possibly too close to a reward saying that though; a lot of the group of fellows to whom i refer probably aim to be recognised for causing 'drama', like it's some kind of prized goal or something... oddly.
Fortunately though, their efforts have indeed only tended to make the fun/good stuff here only less obvious at times.

Anyway, it's cool to get such an open confession man, i also
*Shed a manly tear*
... well, i don't actually, but you know.. i respect it all the same :P.

Also nice to see an active developer relatively new to these forums *Salute*.
Not to be a dick, but this was bothering me.

I, like most BYOND members, are

Remove the part with the commas and you get...

I are

Doesn't sound right. Please fix it because the grammar nazi in me is literally going ape shit right now. I kid you not, I don't normally correct people. But, I can't seem to go on with my day without first notifying you about your error. It's odd, I know. And, no, I'm not trolling. It's literally bothering the hell out of me.

----

Why I made this thread is to tell you guys how much you all made me look at life

BYOND is like a family. A "dysfunctional family" *cough*. I love most of the people here. But I hate them just as much. I'm sure some others feel this way.

----

working on a project with a really great friend of mine.

Well... Welcome! Glad to have you on the forums. I hope to see some updates on your project pretty soon. Maybe some teasers, trailers, or demos? I wish the best of luck to you.

P.S. I probably should have put my complaint at the bottom so it'd be the last thing you read. But, I'm too lazy.
There you go Xirre, I changed it lol. (Also, did the famous Empirez comment on my thread?!)

As far as updates, I'd love to advertise the hell out of my game on different sites and stuff. Problem is, were still in Alpha and I don't want to give players a half-ass experience while we are still working on it.
In response to WorldWideDuelist
WorldWideDuelist wrote:
There you go Xirre, I changed it lol. (Also, did the famous Empirez comment on my thread?!)

Praise be to you my good friend! YOU ARE A BLESSING AMONG ALL OF US!

Btw, Empirez isn't famous. I am. He's just a dirty little troll.

As far as updates, I'd love to advertise the hell out of my game on different sites and stuff. Problem is, were still in Alpha and I don't want to give players a half-ass experience while we are still working on it.

That's why you post teaser pics. Just small screenshots of something you've perfected. Such as a title screen.
Ok, well, if you want to see how far the team and I got:

That was the game like 2 years ago when I was a BYOND noob and working on it myself. As you can see, I didn't even have a duel system implemented because of my noobiness.

Here we are now:

We have a total of 1441 cards added in the game. About 500 of them having effects that we all had to manually code oursleves.