ID:1843016

Had some RAM issues with my PC about the same time this began, they have since been resolved but byond still behaves this way. I launch byond and it sits in my processes for 15 minutes at 1568K doing nothing. Then it pops, occasionally it will ask me to login, sometimes it never gets that far. It has never made it to the game selection screen (you guys call it the pager or hub?)

What it will either do is simply not do anything, stuck for hours and hours by which I can close it via processes simply enough.

Or it might freeze and show not responding by which I'll make numerous attempts to kill the process, task manager, cmd: taskkill /f /im byond.exe where it returns an Access Denied (wierd for a forced kill)and then it will simply sit there until the PC is rebooted.

I have tried cmd netstat to find out if it's sending or receiving information from the byond servers and the high ports, it's not. I have checked and disabled firewall and avg, it's neither of those, I have uninstalled byond and reinstalled, didn't help and I have reinstalled Flash, Latest and previous version of .NET Framework as well as Internet Explorer 11 and completed all windows updates. I have also tried to launch in safemode with networking and as an admin in both safemode and regular. Neither have worked.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
If a forced kill is failing, this sounds a heck of a lot like a driver is having some issues. When a task can't be shutdown, usually that's because it's waiting on hardware.

If you haven't tried reinstalling BYOND itself, I'd try that. Make a copy of your user data dir (or just move it) and start fresh, and if that works, then something in the program was just bad. Maybe you've tried reinstalling but not on a fresh setup.

My gut says one of your drivers or system DLLs got borked from your earlier issue, and in that case you might need to look into those to see if they're corrupt.

[edit]
Also, with Flash make sure that Flash is up to date for the Explorer version, not just the version for real browsers. They're different.
I'll run a system file check and report back. I will also mention that I had updated Flash for IE11.

Edit: System File Check reported 0 file integrity issues
Edit 2: Checked for Malware with a premium anti malware tool, still the same problem. I'll take a look at the Windows/IE Security settings to see if there might be an issue that could cause a problem with byond.
The issue has been solved. I reinstalled byond earlier but to no avail, I have since deleted the BYOND folder completely from the documents library in Libraries\Documents which is where I believe the data is stored. Corrected it immediately. I feel it necessary to point out I tried deleting just the Cache first but it failed, deleting the whole folder sorted it.
Glad to hear it. I'm not sure what was wrong but if you have the old folder around, you could try restoring bits of it at a time to see where it went wrong.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with that, I ditched the whole folder after clearing the cache did nothing. If you need me to assist with a debug of some matter then I could try
Ah. Well, if it's gone, it's gone. I'm glad at least that it's working for you again.