ID:1845332

Really only been maybe couple hours process, but the legs bug me they look like legs from suikoden. =\

Was just wondering if anyone had any tweaks in mind (shape, color pallet shading ect)

I am terrible with super muscular bases. I would suggest you look at a few color palettes and pick out the best one. Your current palette is a little flat and dark.

Anatomy is another thing I would take a look at, best way is to google some pictures of muscles. Anatomy doesn't have to be perfect but you need a general understanding of what goes where.

Here is a beefed up muscular guy that likes to skip leg day!
Its not the best but take note of shape, depth and color.
You can Google, "anatomy4sculptors", that's a decent website to go with.

And yeah, I have to agree with Akto, there isn't enough contrast in the colors.

Here are some of my beefy characters that I've been working on.

photo SomeBeefyCharacters_By_CandleJack9001_zpselwqevjy.png photo Attackpreview_zpstoxksbh8.gif

I find that if you make the character have a strong V shaped torso it makes it hold more appeal to me. Big pectoralis majors(chest), and big deltoids because that will make the sell that the character is buff.

If you find look up a Lets Play of Arc the Lad 1 and 2 they have some awesome buff characters. Breath of Fire 3 and 4 is another one, however, they are isometric.
So i made some adjustments to the first one getting closer to something decent, but still not right to me.

*Edit* i wasn't going for buff more like "cut" even though its probably gonna be covered.

You might need to add another color for the skin, a brighter color, and adjust the values. Try to make sure the light brings out the biceps rather than the triceps. Make sure the light is on the abdominal muscles all the way through the all the way down to the crotch, like you had it before. The upper body seems a little bit too tall. Like, you've stretched out where the head should be. You can either lower the head down so its closer to the top of the pectorals or try something else. The hands don't come down enough/ the arms aren't long enough. The hands need to pass the bottom of the pelvis.
If you're going for a 3/4 perspective I would shorten the legs a bit and bring the pelvis a bit higher. If you're going for side-scroller or "Mario Bro's" perspective, it's fine, just give it a bit more color with another lighter tone.

Orange = Camera, Red = Line of Sight, Black = Object.

AmonR once said in 2008, "Basically if your base is looking at you, that would mean it would have to be looking up at the camera, not in front of itself."

Left is what you're going for right now. Right is what a 3/4 perspective would be more ideal.

Another great example:
Yeah so i've still got this base but i've scrapped it as a project, i realize it's a little too ambitious for my current level of skill, with some more practice i will come back to it.

Scaled down to a more manageable size for my current skill set (last time i made a base since 2009-2010) obviously there is still shading work needed to be done, some work with the feet, and some other touch ups i see just now i could make.