ID:1846025

Resolved
In some cases, icons from one specific file in a project would not appear in statpanels or grids.
BYOND Version:507.1284
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - Build 10074
Web Browser:Chrome/Firefox/IE/Spartan
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:Icons aren't showing up in the inventory statpanel.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:1.Create a new project.
2.Make a map and some basic icons for use.
3.Add the code below.
4.Compile and host with Dream Daemon.
5.Join the game from the webclient.
Notice how the icons don't show up next to any of the items.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
icon='Testing Environment.dmi'
icon_state="Warrior3"
Login()
..()
var/obj/a=new(src)
a.icon_state="NPC"
a.name="Test Object"
Stat()
..()
statpanel("Inventory")
stat(contents)
obj
verb
Use()
set src in usr.contents
world<<"[usr] has used [src]."
turf
icon_state="Grass"

Expected Results:The icon should show up next to the item like on Dream Seeker.

Actual Results:Just the name of the item is displayed.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Untested.

Workarounds:Use an on-screen inventory system instead of the normal statpanel approach.

***NOTE: Also it's impossible to use the right click menu of any of the items in the statpanel also. (Nothing pops up when you right click items in the statpanel in your inventory like it does in Dream Seeker.)

I don't see a reason this would be a limitation of the webclient. Hopefully that can be fixed at the same time.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I was not able to reproduce this. I can see item icons just fine in my statpanel, even in IE 11.
In response to Lummox JR
I will send a test project because I can see them in many other projects but not in my test project.

The only difference appears to be the icon and icon_state's all have spaces in them, maybe this makes a difference? I don't know.

I will also do further testing, but I gave you the complete code I was using when the issue occurred, did you try with that code by creating the accompanying icon files and such to see if it occurred then?
Whenever an issue involves creating icon files it's usually too much of a pain to bother; you have those files already so it makes sense to rely on your files in the form of a test project, which also reduces the number of variables involved.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
In some cases, icons from one specific file in a project would not appear in statpanels or grids.