ID:1847017

How did you come up with your username and what does it mean? Some of you guys have creative usernames that probably have neat stories behind them. Then again, half of the usernames are probably Naruto terms mashed together for all I know.

Kumorii came from a shitty online translator that was supposed to translate "Shadow Void" into some Eurasian language I don't remember. Shadow Void came from me trying to be edgy and cool after having the username "Fish fry" for years.

Pokémon is my favorite series, Red is my favorite color (and the name I go by), and 200 is usually my favorite number.

That's not the only reason I chose my username though; I also needed something easier to remember since I can be super forgetful.
Heh. As for me think:

for Turbo (go figure).
Reasoning: Decided i wanted something else to go with 'skill' which at the time i think i'd used in a few places here and there and wanted to change up slightly, and so i thought the idea of something in relation to a powerful engine capable of providing the 'topest' of speeds was kinda cool at the time =D.

As for skill think of some super skilled (>.>) figure; Whether you wanna talk intellectually, perhaps in terms of having a particularly cool occupation or 'business' (some kind of allusion to some cool action and/or spy hero guy with majoooor* skills i'd imagine) whatever really. Ultimately, the idea was to suggest the persona of one of those dudes you could read about in a story who is basically 'the guy', y'know? xD. This was back when i was still quite into this whole imaginary tales of mysterious and epic proportions thing (that i sometimes formed for me and my bro to be a part of as well actually, lols).

...Ah good times. Somehow though, i think the name is somewhat fine for use now, perhaps because it's not so tied to any particular popular kids/anime thing, but yeah :D.

*Pfft.
My province (canada) use to have an AHL Hockey Team called the Manitoba Moose who actually just returned. Their mascot is named Mick E. Moose.

I thought it was just Mickemouse as a moose, and I joined Neopets as Mickemoose back 2001-2002
Hug monkey
My full nickname is politically incorrect. I shortened it when I first put it into use. It owes its origin to a number of factors, one of which was carved into a headboard.
Flick was one of the Ohmsford brothers from the book The Sword of Shannara, which I had just read back in the mid eighties before logging into my first BBS, Dragon Keep. He was a bit of a contrarian pain in the ass, so... Sadly, the BBS has been gone for many years now.
I've gone over this a few times, but I'm bored so what the heck.

In third grade I drew a lot of odd creatures during class. All of them had names and their own odd little world. One of the first creatures I drew was a combination of several animals. It had a human-like head, cat eyes and ears, an elephant's trunk, viper fish teeth, a bear body, woodpecker legs, and a rattlesnake tail. I drew it clinging to a tree with its woodpecker feet. The creature's name was Fugsnarf. Since I kept drawing those odd creatures long after third grade, no one ever forgot about Fugsnarf. So it became my internet alias when I was like 12, and it still is.
Lavitiz is the mispelled version of Lavitz from The Legend of Dragoon. Years after realizing it, I just couldn't be asked to correct it.

After some time I decided I needed to create a new unique name, thus Lavenblade was born. I don't use Lavenblade in this community though.

I like building myself a reputation so I don't change names.
In response to Lavitiz
The funny thing is I keep missing that second I in your name. I was doing a search earlier and screwed it up.
My ancestor was the captain of an ancient pirate warship named Dreadnaught. It sounds cool and has personal meaning, 'Productions' is for the professional aspect of my username.
I liked the name Maximus, I liked the name Alex and it's fairly smooth off the tongue saying Maximus Alex. 2003 is the year I finally decided to create a key since I really didn't have an official e-mail address back then and there was no way my mother was going to let me use hers.
So, Maximus_Alex2003.
I was supporting a really awesome team (which I eventually joined!) while working on a project. Our organization was phasing out testing positions with the idea that the developers/engineers would pick up the slack. Manual testers were the first to go, but there was a rumor that the automated testers would persist for a bit but be renamed Data Scientists.

While discussing the supposed change, one of the leads jokingly called me a Pixel Scientist. I can't recall if it was pre- or post-launch, but I had/have a reputation for being very fixated on being pixel precise in the implementation of our comps. While engineers appreciate my efforts (it means that they can work on other things!), my focus can be pretty overwhelming. The moniker kind of stuck. So when I needed a username on the site and decided to use something new, I eventually settled on PixelScientist.

I was championing having my official title at work changed to Pixel Scientist since I was really the only person in my particular role at the time, but it never happened. Disappointing.

Flick wrote:
Flick was one of the Ohmsford brothers from the book The Sword of Shannara [...]

I had wondered about that! This fills me with much happiness; I always preferred Flick to Shea.
In response to PixelScientist
PixelScientist wrote:
Flick wrote:
Flick was one of the Ohmsford brothers from the book The Sword of Shannara [...]

I had wondered about that! This fills me with much happiness; I always preferred Flick to Shea.

Me too :) I thought this sounded familiar. My response is almost identical to one from 14 years ago, last time I answered in a thread like this :P
Ichiro means "First son" - of which I am.

Keisuke means something along the lines of "In front a rice field".

Rice is my fav. food so it's a part of my username..

..its also the name of a little project I have going at the time of this post.

In response to Lummox JR
You'd be surprised at how often this happens. :P
Oh, interesting, i actually have always pretty much thought of your name as lavitz in my head, and missed the first i when reading it in general.
Anyway yeah, i was thinking this thread or something like it had been done already, not even referring to the 2001 one (14 years ago, wow. Oh and no offense =D) that flick linked.. but either way its still somewhat interesting i guess, particularly with all the new-ish people around now.
In response to Lavitiz
I always thought your username was Lavitz, too. Haha. :p
Well, technically it was I who misspelled it so... Lmao.
I thought this was to the go too name for a username for a fat neckbeard who wants to develop RPGs and totally sound cool, I thought of it after playing NEStalgia and doing my interview thing with SilkWizard.

I still consider this better than my total ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL Naruto RP name I used to go by, that only one person still calls me.

Honestly if I had it in me, I'd just use the key I made years ago after my own real name, or to my new username of choice "Rocknet".
Page: 1 2 3